-
Posts
5,017 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by powdarrmonkey
-
[hosting] Recommended Webhosts/DNS registrants for a small business
powdarrmonkey replied to Geoff's topic in Web Development
I use UK Reseller Hosting & Multiple Domain Hosting - BPWEB (9), Managed Dedicated Servers, VPS and Colocation Services at RapidSwitch (2) and Goscomb Technologies - Colocation, Hosting, IP Transit and Dedicated Servers in London (1) and have had fault-less service from all of them for varying numbers of years, indicated in the parentheses. Still a current customer of all. I host stuff myself too, on a custom basis. -
Secure DMZ VM deployment using separate vSwitch
powdarrmonkey replied to albertwt's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
I don't care much for student grades, I'm more interested in what else you carelessly leave lying around... pay details perhaps? details of staff I can use to strengthen my impersonation of them? -
Incorrect. It's a left-over redirected desktop.
-
Moving Forward with Open Source, a Network Manager's Perspective
powdarrmonkey replied to dhicks's topic in General Chat
This is true, however I think it's important for people to realise that there is a difference, even though it may not be their primary consideration. Decision makers may not realise that in spite of it being free (as in beer), you may or may not be able to change its behaviour later down the line. -
It's not just dependencies. They do some really weird things sometimes... (comparing the deltas between their packages and ours is always good for a laugh.)
-
Obviously I'm biased, but I can get a functional Debian environment into a 128Mb of memory, so that leaves plenty of room for your application.
-
Moving Forward with Open Source, a Network Manager's Perspective
powdarrmonkey replied to dhicks's topic in General Chat
And between freedom and financially free. Many projects publish their source but don't grant truly free licenses. The Free Software Definition - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF) -
This is the purpose of the X-Fowarded-For header.
-
Pre-seed it by taking the settings from the mandatory profile and merging them into the current user's profile in a login script. Works best if everything is neatly in the registry, but putting files into the right place can work too.
-
whut? No. 255.255.255.255 = /32. Classless Inter-Domain Routing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-
:: Selectamark Security Systems Limited ::
-
Secure DMZ VM deployment using separate vSwitch
powdarrmonkey replied to albertwt's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Nothing to gain? http://www.evilkid.com/katamari/4/orly.jpg -
Win 7 Volume License / Software Assurance
powdarrmonkey replied to Zenden's topic in Licensing Questions
You are correct, and yes both architectures are valid -
CC and friends aren't about copyright, they're an enabling tool. They guarantee consumers the right to use, modify, adapt and improve works, and for their contributions to be recognised (which almost certainly won't happen here, which is why I disapprove). (although, IMO, the only CC license that actually gives any freedoms is CC-BYv3. All others should be allowed to die.)
-
Wait, so you want people to help proof-read and fact-check your work, so that you can make money, for nothing? Something is wrong here.
-
We're trialling it as an idea in the most accident-prone rooms, it's not a vandalism problem. I asked for a quote, not to be told it's a bad idea.
-
Exactly.
-
Can I have quotes please for an IDE or SATA 5.25" slot-loading DVD/CDRW drive. I'm not after the slimline ones, these will be to go into a desktop case. It can be DVD read only if it's cheaper. We're after one to start and then might roll them out further. Thanks!
-
The mobile skin is reasonable, though limited.
- 11 replies
-
- android
- blackberry
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
DirSize
-
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
It also says "if doubly-insulated", and so far you have no evidence that this is the case. That would be "doubly-insulated", the class II mark. I rest my case. No. No. You're not testing the monitor! FFS! -
PAT Testing a TFT Monitor, external adapter
powdarrmonkey replied to enjay's topic in How do you do....it?
What kills soft equipment is the 26A earth bond test, so you reduce it to 100mA. Oh, and the flash test, which is unnecessary in 99% of cases. See the 17th editions.
