Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. @john have you seen these....
  2. I think @vikpaw was hoping to see that last year. @Joanne Was Mormon the only option?... I can highly recommend bank robbery that goes wrong for a good laugh, I think the last edugeek theatre outing was to We will rock you some time ago.
  3. Don't worry there was only one @Domino 5 pin din type...
  4. What sort of numbers of users and ISDN lines are you using? Office 365 Enterprise voice works well, though its licenced per user per month. Though you do have the option of going all in, and porting your phone nos over now. I don't think you get auto attendants at the moment though. If your phone system could forward on calls via SIP to S4B that may give you the voicemail requirements however.
  5. Not tested this but does vnc have a read only mode? Seem to remember one but it is a long time ago.
  6. Advanced support got us sorted in the end. You ignore the Sims instructions and use the older base data....
  7. question, why not use the Mifare cards with Paxton? They should work with the universal Paxton readers. The card numbers will be different between paxton and most other systems, but there is a formula to convert I believe. It does depend on what card readers you are using at the moment.
  8. Does anyone have a guide to importing Cambridge Technical results into Facility? Seems we are missing some basedata but there's a guide on the OCR site suggesting a route for SIMS but I do not know if it works for Facility. (We have had a change of exams officer and I have not had to do this one before!)
  9. Not tried it, but I would have thought that should work. I have an Ee 4g home broadband router for emergency use, but have our Smoothwall configured to load balence between our fibre link and an Adsl line.
  10. I have a large number of photos that our drama dept would like to sell prints... Can anyone recommend a UK based service that allows this and generates some income for us at the same time?
  11. I would certainly be up for a meet if it's Derby based..
  12. This is one I have been looking at. I think unless directly federated images only show internally. Certainly my picture did not appear at another school who is also on office 365. The safeguarding issue should therefore be covered.
  13. That's at least three people that have read the small print then....!
  14. Still waiting for bt openreach to finish.. then I might get going in the direction of the Premier Inn!
  15. EE charged me 8p for this one, guessing its not free, but at least not a premium rate text. If it works its worth a few pence!
  16. Apparently get_ad_groups_failed is a known issue there is a patch being worked on hopefully for release in the next couple of days.
  17. The Paxton Net2 universal readers do Mifare as well as others, so you want those rather than the standard HID ones, I think just requesting Mifare support will future proof you on this.
  18. @nathan where are you getting the updates from? Really helpful so please continue to post them here! We have just lost connectivity again...
  19. They thought they had fixed it about 9pm last night, but clearly not!
  20. It started about 5.30 I have been told... Still down for us.
  21. Yes talk to a good hire company. It's not worth trying to buy for one week a year. You may find area micing etc would reduce your channel count. Only the bigger companies (stage electrics etc) are going to be able to hire that sort of numbers of channels, and mixing will be a nightmare. You will get no volume before feedback if you just turn 30 radio mics on.
  22. Why would you want a class set of radio mics? Whats the end game? To give you some idea, I have 16 on hire at the moment for a school show, the cost of that is about £700 for the week. Depending on what you want the radio mics to do you could be looking at a very large cost for 30+ channel mixers etc as well as the radio mics.
  23. @FragglePete exactly. Video over cat 5 works well. Video over tcpip is where the delays start to occur!
  24. If the distance isn't great then I would look at a standard cctv camera type setup otherwise latency over ip streaming can become a issue very quickly. Might just have been my low powered kit but a second or two delay tends to cause mayhem...
  25. If it's the bett presentation it's new features to the existing product. There may well be more to it than that however.
×
×
  • Create New...