-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
@Jaymate That's good news, are you able to share your source? I suspect one or two of us are being hassled to get this fixed...
-
Expert required : O365 mail flow problem need some advice
robk replied to round2it's topic in Cloud Services
I suspect as zerohour mentioned adding the subdomain, and putting the correct mx records in will at least get mail flowing staff to student. If your external DNS mx records are correct, you may find student to staff works. I would look at the docs for hybrid as that's going to be your final solution I would gave thought. Hopefully @EduTech will be able to advise further. -
Ah the entry system. Not used that in anger so can't comment. Simple to install on a flat network, not sure why ipv6 etc needed but it is.
-
Ah that does suprise me, was this net 2 access or door entry? It certainly is easier if all the net2 devices are on the same subnet/vlan.
-
I think the impero app is now in the app store. Saw a demo at Impero this morning looks good. There are limitations as already mentioned in this thread, but screen recording and mirroring to another device seems possible. Suggest contacting support for more details.
-
@CyberNerd I have never heard of Paxton support being "unresponsive and awkward" I suspect you have now spoken to them so know how they work. There is a procedure for inter subnet working that's covered on the installers course. Or at least it was when I did it.
-
With @DocHouse on this one. Paxton Net2. Great product and very flexible.
-
It's a silverlight application so I don't think we could get that involved, plus externally hosted so no chance of seeing the server side code.
-
@dhicks Ben has it spot on. Eclipse actually is now web based so I suspect it just monitors key up/down events for the prefix and reacts accordingly.
-
@dhicks, the snag with that is most mifare card readers just emulate the keyboard, as do barcode readers, eclipse uses a prefix to determine if the input string is from the barcode reader (there is no input box) and reacts accordingly. So to scan a barcode you see ~12345678 typed, and eclipse recognises that and reads barcode 12345678. I need to emulate the same thing from a mifare card reader but with the 10 digit card serial no.
-
Just Bumping this old thread... Has anyone been able to do this? Ideally with hardware that's slightly less cost then the RFIdeas unit suggested?
-
It can be done with ap groups you need to remember to remove the wlan from the default group. That should do what you are looking for.
-
I think you may have hit the nail on the head with that one. I did a quick demo install of that system but it was stand alone without routing etc in the middle. Took all of 20mins to get going. I think everything auto detected so maybe that's ip6 driven.
-
It does seem strange to force ip6 for no reason. Sorry I read your post as vlans maybe being overkill. I think we are both agreeing they would be good and forcing ip6 is a strange move!
-
@chris_uk interesting, not heard anything on that as yet. General advice though, if it's stuck on its own vlan it can't affect other systems etc.
-
@Michael vlan for Paxton may well be a good idea from a security perspective, and would allow ip6 If needed. Paxton and cctv on a common vlan would keep the system intergration between the two.
-
Is this net 2 access control or net2 entry (the video phone system). I run net 2 access and have not done anything to enable ip6 though I have seen mention of net 2 entry using ip6 thought I don't remember that from the installation course.
-
As far as I know Paxton net 2 does not require ip6. It runs perfectly on our ip4 network. Who said it needs ip6? If it wasn't Paxton support (who are excellent) I would discuss why!
-
Load testing a Link to rule out firewall problems
robk replied to robk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I don't have a spare public ip that's the issue. So I can plug a laptop in on the external ip. If I do that uploads work etc, but not via our filter box. Uploads do work via our filter box and a different outgoing link.. I suspect some form of packet loss that occurs when under load. -
Load testing a Link to rule out firewall problems
robk replied to robk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Iperf needs a server or two connections. Isp tech support not being too helpful at the moment! -
As the title, I need to be test upload and download file transfer on our 100Mb Leased line, ISP says that as I can upload one file to dropbox from a laptop then our issues must be our filtering. Filtering provider say problems look like the ISPs link. I suspect packet loss under load, but difficult to simulate with just a browser! Any suggestions on appropriate tools?
-
We didn't go too far as we were quoted a per Tb price which was very high.... £300 quid might have been worth trying but when we went for purchase it came out much more than that as they had changed the pricing structure! I canned the plan and brought more disc instead. Would be interested in knowing what your pricing is like (take to pm by all means).
-
Looked at it, but the cost was quite high for the space it was going to create. Check out the product pricing before going too far....
-
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but for most of the Easter holiday we have seen our email logins hanging at the same webpage. Ie gives a 404 error chrome gives a blank page. The page it stops at is https://outlook.office365.com/edu?wa=wsignin1.0 Other users will log in fine, and going to outlook.com results in a logged in session. It looks like a redirect if failing for some reason. We are seeing this problem both on network and from home machines which rules out filtering problems. Anyone in the same boat? Or even better know of a fix?
