Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. The smoothwall global proxy feature would work as well u suspect. You need a externally accessable ip on the smoothwall box then force the proxy via group policy. Will also work with ipads etc. Not tried it yet though.
  2. Unfortunately Salamandersoft is a fairly sizeable annual cost, though it looks good it does a lot I already have scripting in place for, I have the ad side of things covered. Are there any other options?
  3. Are there any recommendations on how to populate Staff and students Office 365 calendars from Advanced Learning's Facility? I know there are tools for Sims to do this but what about Facility? Thanks RobK
  4. @Latham which file is it that needs renaming?
  5. Snap I have the Anker Charger (recommended by some one else on here @john may know) Does what it says on the tin as it were, are you really going to charge 7 devices at once or save a fiver and go for 5?
  6. Happy Birthday @ZeroHour hope all goes well!
  7. That is a fair point, but a gas leak at home is more likely to be spotted than in a locked server room with air conditioning. Plus all extra kit has much more chance of a spark than one well fitted electric meter. I suppose it's the same as a water main running over the racks. Not a big problem, but can be a disaster if a problem develops!
  8. I would be more worried about a potential gas leak around a large concentration of electrical equipment.
  9. Paxton support is next to none, though I did find a good installer, and have now done the installers course myself...
  10. Tested them, they looked really good, but couldn't get the funding through to fit them!
  11. Worth looking for a GM (General midi) module on eBay, should be quite cheap now as most keyboards have them built in.
  12. Maybe something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111443115904
  13. That sounds like it's just a midi controller rather than a full blown electronic keyboard. In which case you need a midi instrument to make the actual noise, and latency may be an issue...
  14. 12 month link just worked for me on a new account.
  15. If there's no routing you have already isolated to vlan, no acls needed.
  16. sounds like you may need 6 digital ports adding to the phone system, it's unlikely that you can split a digital port.
  17. I could be missing something here, but from what you describe it sounds like you have an analog ext from a telephone system, going yo a set of six digital cordless phones? Can you tell us what you are wanting to achieve by changing the phones so we can understand what you are looking at?
  18. Have you enabled ip routing on one of the local switches? My guess is that the core switch had routing info for all the vlans, which you need to add to one of the local switches (maybe the one with the dc's that you have set as default route) to get things going.
  19. I have configured our procurve switches to use mac based authentication against a freeradius server. All seems to be working well, and I can assign vlan id based on mac. I now need to assign multiple vlans (IPtelephones) to a mac address, but seem to be hitting a brick wall on how to do this. Has any one got suggestions for dynamically configuring tagged vlans by mac address, on procurve 2600/5400 switches?
  20. As per @DocHouse Dual Zone controllers in redundant mode would cover you in the event of switch failure anyway.
  21. Can anyone recommend a TV in the 32-42" size range, that does not turn off after 3 hours, turns on with the mains, and has a control panel lock? I have been given 48 hours to source, but can't afford a proper pro screen!
  22. No, as we have never had exchange installed, not found any microsoft documentation on what to update as yet.
  23. If the group is ad synced then you can't change that property on office 365 you are supposed to do it locally in ad, however I have not been able to find the ad field that needs setting. Anyone know?
  24. Could it be a faulty fibre patch cable?
×
×
  • Create New...