-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
Anyone been able to get EDI results via anything other than A2C? Don't really want to start manually entering them!
-
Same problem here, all exam boards bar edexcel downloaded. Anyone get it working? Edit: Phoned Edexcel, they seem to be happy to email out a file, but apparently there's a few people asking for these at the moment....
-
Office 365 (or google apps) would move one problem off site for you, Looking at gig backbone may sort the thin client issues, and would be recommended for a move to Thick clients anyway.
-
That sounds like the right way to proceed to me.
-
Office365 - It looks like your account is blocked (ARGHHH)
robk replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in Cloud Services
Indeed It seems the escalation queue at Microsoft is very long. I would suggest to anyone make a spare admin account, keep it on the .onmicrosoft.com side of the system (so no dir sync or ADFS on it) just as a get out of jail card for things like this. I started our upgrade the bank holiday weekend..... Just finishing off Dir sync now. First line support seem really good, as soon as you pass that it takes time!- 11 replies
-
- blocked
- directory sync
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Recommendations needed for web hosting supplier
robk replied to robk's topic in Recommended Suppliers
One mysql database, less than 5Gb storage space. Bandwidth use not excessive, we cant currently get into cpanel to look (one of the reasons to move). -
We currently host our domain and website with Capta IT Services which we need to move or both cost and reliability reasons. The site is a secondary school website so does attract a reasonable level of traffic on snow days etc so reliability is the key. I am interested to know who uses who, and would they recommend them to us?
-
As per title, I suspect I have between 0 and no hope of this working, but has anyone managed to get Adobe Creative Suite 3 to install on Windows 8? I know we should upgrade but that's lots of cash.
-
I have been ringing them on a daily basis to confirm they are not waiting for me. Apparently no engineer assigned yet.
-
I am sure I still have ours around somewhere.... Pm me if you want them.
-
Nearly three weeks and counting for me to get allocated someone. I would be happy to work late if that's all it took to get this fixed.
-
How are others finding Microsoft support for Office 365 upgrades? We started our (delayed by Microsoft) upgrade over the bank holiday weekend with the expectation it would take around three days... We find we can not enable dir sync. I have been waiting for a ms escalation engineer to contact me ever since. My daily calls to support do not seems be making any headway. Our sso cert expired on Friday, I had hoped like last year we would get a new cert automatically. Logged the issue Saturday, just got an email from Microsoft saying I will get a replacement in 5 working days. Great, so my users are trying to remember passwords from before the bank holiday weekend, and therefore failing to connect to the system! @jamesmarshall any suggestions of the correct contacts to chase these issues? Have I just upset Microsoft or are others hitting these issues as well?
-
@EduTech will will have to Skype you and @GrumbleDook in just to keep up tradition.
-
@EduTech sorry to hear that!
-
In the hotel bar at the moment, as usual.....
-
With the Smoothie auth that @tom_newton mentioned you could use the smoothwall zone bridging rules to achieve the effect of the different vlans, without needing to configure them... Guest logon can just be an AD account that you change the password on each day... saves a lot of setup!
-
I may be wrong, but I suspect there's a windows 8 version of Impero either out or due really soon. Have you checked with them? @russdev may be able to help... If you already have it saves buying something else!
-
Mifare Cards, Paxton Net2 and integration with other systems
robk replied to robk's topic in Physical Security
That's what we have, I need to be able to export the card nos out of Paxton, to import into other systems, which will not be always be using Paxton readers. -
Mifare Cards, Paxton Net2 and integration with other systems
robk replied to robk's topic in Physical Security
So it may be that I need to read the cards with a third party reader to get the full 10 Digit code, then import the truncated code into Paxton rather than the other way round. That's worth checking up on. -
Mifare Cards, Paxton Net2 and integration with other systems
robk replied to robk's topic in Physical Security
Agreed, but we ate talking teachers who would only moan! -
Mifare Cards, Paxton Net2 and integration with other systems
robk replied to robk's topic in Physical Security
I am really hoping not to have to enrol each card onto several separate systems. Hence trying to see what I can export/import between platforms. -
Mifare Cards, Paxton Net2 and integration with other systems
robk replied to robk's topic in Physical Security
I am looking at exporting the Paxton user list, and importing into other things. However the Paxton system seems to read a 8 digit code and other readers give a 10 Digit serial number. I was hoping to clarify what Paxton reads from the card? There appears to be a Paxton API which may be useful in automating some form of batch import/export from the Paxton db. -
We are in the middle of installing a Paxton Net 2 system with Mifare cards to allow integration with other systems (MFDs is our next project). Paxton seems to give a 8 digit card number where the other card reader I have gives a 10 digit code.... I am not sure if I have a dodgy card reader (it was off ebay from China...) or if we are likely to run into issues when we want to reuse the cards (I would like to avoid re-enrolling the cards into a second system). Also looking at trying to automate the creation of users etc? Any Paxton users who can comment?
