Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. To bring this back on topic, how do others on Live@edu sync calendars etc with blackberry users? I am aware that office365 has blackberry sync available, but we are not in a position to migrate just yet. Think a third party app for Blackberry may be the way to go, but could do with some recomendations.
  2. Very helpful twin-turbo. Already been there.
  3. Our new head is the proud owner of a Blackberry phone, and unlike our current head needs to be able to sync her Live@edu email and calendar to her phone. We have already done this with Ios or android but not Blackberry. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  4. Will get a sample "victim" to reset their IE settings to defaults and try again. Could be a they blocked cookies or something like that.
  5. I have been recommending changing browser to Firefox/chrome but in some cases even that hasnt fixed it. One user did say today that they couldnt get in, was going to try firefox but just retried a week later and it now works... Are there any known issues with AV/cookie blockers that you know of? Thanks for the support Nick, greatly apprecated.
  6. Nick, thanks for the info, we are using Forms based Auth, I only tried Windows/basic as a trouble shooting step. Is there anything I can do to attempt to diagnose any server issues? It sounds more like a browser issue, but I am not sure what to ask our users to check! Any suggestions? We are getting more and more complaints at the moment, so could really do with getting to the bottom of the issue. Regards Rob
  7. Anyone got any thoughts on this? Its really starting to become a problem.
  8. Just as a question, which vlan is the switch management interface on? by default its on DEFAULT_VLAN and theres no ip address for that Vlan. The command is "primary-vlan " Worth a try?
  9. What are wanting to configure radius for? There are many ways to do it dependent on what you are looking to do.
  10. Seems to need the shortcut at the bottom of the article, rather than opening the article itself. Either that or @Ric_ is keeping it all to himself...
  11. Nope ;-)
  12. Thats where the RFID chips & or telepathy kick in isnt it! Sure all will be well...
  13. @SimpleSi You know what I look like.... Robk
  14. Ah, this should solve your problem. You install the OS etc with KMS keys, and once MS licencing comes through activate a KMS server once you have your sites KMS keys. That way all pcs and office etc activate once every 30 days as long as a KMS server is online.
  15. @Little-Miss if you need vl keys for installation remember you get 30 days before forced activation on kms licencing.
  16. I have to recommend a new phone system tomorrow which boils down to a choice of two vendors one supplying Siemens the other Avaya. Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom they can share? I was hoping that price would lead the process but sadly not.
  17. Just checking, the AP port is tagged with Vlan 3 at the switch? Seems a very strange issue.
  18. There is most likely a SQL database on that machine somewhere which will need moving etc, If the school has no support from the LA perhaps a call to serco may be in order? Moving the database and re-installing the software (and assocated client files) is something that is very doable, but you will want to be able to back up the system and have support in the process.
  19. We are just considering our options for Email filtering, and thinking of relying on the built in FOPE Spam filtering in live@edu. Would anyone currently using FOPE be prepared to share their config rules? Any comments apprecated.
  20. Having set up Nagios and Cacti I am starting to look at setting some warning limits for our trunk links. Does anyone have any recomendations for link utilisation levels or switch CPU usage levels that should be used to detect congestion. Our network is completly HP Procurve based using mainly 2600 series switches.
  21. I did wonder if something was blocking form based auth. I cant think of a good way to try to get any meaningful logging out of IIS either. I tried to switch over to windows auth, but that then gave errors with my files wanting interactive logon rights. Any suggestions would be greatly recieved.
  22. I have a small number of staff who tell me they can't log into HAP from home. In some instances it seems to be machine specific. The best description I have been given sounds like either the form is not submitting correctly or the response is blocked as clicking log in causes the page to be refreshed with no username, but the invalid credentials text does not appear. The same user can log into the system via a school provided laptop at home, and all works, so connection, username and password etc are all known to be working. Avast is the AV program in use, with IE as the browser. Any ideas?
  23. @PyROm Are you going to the Network Managers Meeting on Friday? I am hoping some light may be shed on this then, like you I cant see how the capita costings are justified, but the Kcom link costs look good.
  24. Not sure if there is a pre build.portable version available. Will have a look.
  25. @fs7 how many screens are you looking to run? Just one or multiple? We have xibo running really well for us, allows different content at different times on currently 7 sets of screens for us.
×
×
  • Create New...