-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
@Dos_Box happy birthday!
-
Ben, is your card going through an upstream proxy, or via a firewall to a direct connection?
-
Shame they are no longer here....
-
Interestingly the costs schools broadband sent me were much higher than rm. My kcom cost actually looks really good in comparison to both. My issue is with the service costs, luckly live@edu and smoothwall are allready in on my site.
-
Does anyone know what happened to the services pricing from RM? It seems the "Framework" now only exists of Kcom and Capita. Which is not what was pitched 12 months ago! Looking at the Capita setup costs taking a small no of services is going to be expensive.
-
I am having reports of some users not being able to log in to HAP. This appears to be random, but always affecting the same user. Are there any logs or debuging options I can enable that may be able to shed any light on whats happening with these users? The odd one not being able to type their password I can understand but it seems more than that.
-
Andrew, You can certainly do all of the internet on off etc in each room in Impero, and you can block sites for students etc. I would be worried if you were suggesting using Impero as your ONLY internet filtering but if your just augmenting your LAs filtering with a bit of local (userbased) control I could see that working really well in Impero. Might save some power costs as well... We filter with smoothwall, so dont need to use the Impero features for the job, does your censornet box update from a central block list? If so that would be the feature you would miss out on.
-
Is there any way we can enable Intergrated & basic Auth for Hap+ 7.9? We are using the my files function which is working well. However some staff are reporting login failures, which could be down to them retyping their username/passwords. The rest of our intranet uses Intergrated auth so moving hap to that would remove the logon box completely. Are there any options for us? Thanks RobK
-
HAP 7.9 seems to be working but logging multiple 500 errors
robk replied to robk's topic in Home Access Plus+
Thanks Nick, Just added that and our event log looks much happier! Will keep an eye open for any reoccurance. -
HAP 7.9 seems to be working but logging multiple 500 errors
robk replied to robk's topic in Home Access Plus+
Ok if I navigate to /hap/api/js I get the following -
HAP 7.9 seems to be working but logging multiple 500 errors
robk replied to robk's topic in Home Access Plus+
Gives an error page. Should hap/api/js physically exist? Will copy paste error when back on a pc. -
HAP 7.9 seems to be working but logging multiple 500 errors
robk posted a topic in Home Access Plus+
We have HAP 7.9 running for remote file access, which seems to be working we for the end user, but we are getting strings of Error 500 messages logged in the IIS logs. Any ideas as to how to diagnose what is the cause of this. The server is running with HTTPS enabled etc, on Windows 2008 R2 Standard edition, .Net 4 and IIS 7.5. The path with the 500 errors appears to be /hap/api/js Regards Robk -
I am so glad you said that DB I was starting to think I may have been seeing things.
-
Since upgrading to office 2010 we have hit problems similar to those listed in Microsoft KB 2387587. Where unless I disable trust centre files that should open in "protected View" actually give a "Word has experienced an error trying to open the file" with similar versions for excel and powerpoint. The KB article mentions Dcom as the issue, but the setting in components are as expected from the KB. We do redirect Application data which may have some bearing. I am really starting to run out of ideas on what to try next. Unfortunately this is affecting every file we download from moodle....
-
Yes its a pitty that they didn`t upgrade the uplinks to the buildings at the same time... All the users at Bett connecting via Ruckus seemed to take down their uplink... New systems always take some time to bed in of course. That said, Wireless in that building with so much wireless interference its a challenge to get a system that allows connections which Ruckus did brilliantly.
-
I found a2c.pearson.com worked for us.
-
It also seems that write access is needed to c:\programdata\microsoft\crypto is required to register exam boards. an error of "invalid access key" indicates correct password, but no write access. All good fun!
-
@Gongalong I would suggest getting smoothwall to give you a trial box, but be warned you will not want to give it back! Can't fault the support we have had, even if we do give smoothwall ear ache with our rather non standard setup.
-
Same with us first week in June
-
Some looked Very Jaded.... I think its fair to say a good time was had by all.
-
Great time had by all. Bett only works Because of the size of our membership, its great talking to everyone and very interesting exactly how much clout someone wearing an edugeek shirt has at the show. I hope everyone managed to get what they needed from the show. As with dos_box and the rest of the team now slowly winding my way home on the train.
-
Bett is open to anyone who can give even a slight link to education, and badges can be picked up at the door, would be worth pre-registering though. Loads of stuff at the show as usual so I would suggest worth a visit. If you do come down don't forget to visit the edugeek stand!
-
Windows update Catalogue is where I got mine from last week, it is a bit of a PITA though, It does seem that HP have bundled all the drivers together into one Microsoft driver pack, but it can be downloaded for lots of printers. You will need matching 64 bit and 32 bit drivers, so remember to download them both.
