Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. We have updated some of our laptops from xp to windows 7 Enterprise. On the network they work no problem at all. Off the network they are used with cached credentials and after configuring sync centre are ok. UNTIL If the user locks the screen or the screen saver timeout hits, the user cannot unlock the machine, the background appears for the logon screen but no dialoge boxes. The only way out is to power cycle the machine and log in from scratch, (which works ok off line). Anyone have any ideas? We have application data redirected (and sync centre is replicating this off line) the laptops are encrypted with sophos DE 5.5. I can only think its a GPO somewhere but cant think what to look for.
  2. Thats a very fair point Michael, my experiance is from test setups, which of course don`t have to be spot on. I would concur that you can never have too much support on a change like this. I seem to remember seeing an install guide somewhere on firstline, which would be a good starting point for testing.
  3. Very simplistically it goes like this :- Facility is the main front end, which stores its data in sql server. Scheduler only needs to be installed for your timetabler, you can leave it for now if it helps. eportal is the web interface to the data Facility has stored in SQl server. So installation wise, you need to install Windows and SQL server. Then install Facility and get it working Then tackle installing eportal (this is the fun bit, you may find copying the conf folder from the old server across will give you a head start.)
  4. Didn't know that bit on doc store. Thanks for the info.
  5. You could do a fresh install on the new server, backup the old via facility, and restore on the new. (You also need to copy the doc storage folder if you use it). Test, and then get your support team to test it. Job done. Any issues arrise during testing you havent touched the old server. I think there may be quicker ways but that should work.
  6. @Batchfile I can't tell you which followspot to go for, but I can recommend usedlighting.co.uk. +1 for posting on the blueroom forums.
  7. Check what proxy the command "netsh winhhtp proxy show" gives. If its blank you get all sorts of timeouts on ssl cert revocation tests etc.
  8. Thats after some "Updates" but its a whole new thread. @john did mention he used local storage on a xen server to get performance up.
  9. I have virtualised our eportal server with no problems. Serco don't seem adverse to virtualisation but as vik mentions if link2ict don't support that config you could land in trouble. I beleve @john had some issues with the SQL server running from a San.
  10. @ihaveaproblem I think mentions are done by prefixing the username with a @ sign. If I just mentioned you it works!
  11. The dns section of the 1st reply is all you should need simplesi the iis changes are for multiple sites.
  12. Does anyone have a solution to this? Our old in house display screen system had a "wet break" mode which was activated by a web link, and changed the default slide shows to put up a different notice. I can do the same thing with a priority schedule within xibo, I just need to be able to add the schedule from a web link. The xibo schedule screen is too complicated for our staff to use. I am thinking of sql injection, but tests currently fail me. There seems to be some indication of a webapi but I am unable to tell if its implemented at the moment.
  13. Happy birthday Shaun!
  14. Great news zh congrats to you both!
  15. We have just rolled out windows 7 on our site, and have hit a sticky problem with Smart Notebook. We are running 9.7 (yes I know its old) it works for admins but normal users get TCP is installed, disabling the windows firewall doesn`t make any changes. We are looking at upgrading to Smart 10.8, but that doesn`t seem to like some of our very old AMD processors. Any suggestions?
  16. Clickview is designed to record "off air" content, which if you hold an ERA+ licence is completely usable. Clickview exchange has a large collection of very handy films etc that have been transmitted. Its only when you start ripping feature Film Dvds that you start to get into questionable areas.
  17. You need to add a scheduled job to run the cli version of php. Assuming a windows server from the paths you gave you need to find where php.exe is, and schedule it to run with a command line argument of the full path to the sync_users.php file.
  18. Seems ok from orange bb on a iPod
  19. robk

    HP Switches

    Exactly, everything SHOULD interoperate, however you do find issues, keeping to one vendor does reduce the complexity from a support perspective. If its all HP Procurve then HP support can't blame netgear.
  20. robk

    Qsan

    I know experts in storage are the uk qsan distributors. I have been recommended a qsan product by one I the site sponsors, but also looking gor recommendations.
  21. Just checked as I couldn't remember the axis cameras are only up to 15fps so the stream will be a little juddery, and there is no sound by default, so maybe not perfect for a music concert. I have used a CCTV camera and a comp video to USB adapter in the past to get a video signal into a pc.
  22. Failing the axis cam, I believe vlc will pick up a FireWire camera as a source.
  23. I would look at vlc and multicast for that will be a few secs behind live, but all rooms should be in sync. Have a look at angry technicians blog for the multicast details.
  24. Has anyone produced any training Material on v5? As a vmware newbe I am keen to find out what I should be buying and what it will do over it's competitors.
  25. I know this is off topic, but Emerge from Group call is looking like a very good solution to this issue, I have not seen the Sims version, but we are testing the CMIS one at the moment. Very good looking application. As Yogi72 says allows offline registers with sync when network available. Fire drill/ registers when the power has failed was the application that I started to look at the app for. However PE and other off site groups look very interesting.
×
×
  • Create New...