-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
I think you can set up a kms server and then change machines from mak to kms as you want. Should not affect anything else. You can still use mak if you need even when kms is installed
-
For info. NS Optimum spells salvation for A2Z Computer Products - 27 May 2011 - CRN UK News
-
Anyone got a copy of the old exe? Want to upset some of our Yr 11s who are running minecraft rather than revising, so would like to create a GP hash....
-
For which version of guardian? Have you seen the sample ones from smoothwall's support site?
-
A little more info. The block I am looking at is this one Moodle.org: Modules and plugins which we have installed and got working perfectly under Moodle 1.9. However, as we are hoping to launch a new VLE we would really like to start on Moodle 2.0. The block fails to install on Moodle 2 and seems not want to be hacked to work on it!
-
We are attempting to install moodle with CMIS facility intergration. We managed to get the Facility module to work on moodle 1.9 but moodle 2 doesn`t like the block. Has anyone been able to get this to work? Not been able to find anything on google at the moment.
-
Could you use dhcp of the Smoothwall utm? Then the xen server can be left turned off?
-
Ah, in that case yes I see what you mean. Data protection as @plexer has mentioned is probably the best way forward.
-
Depends whats available on said unsecured wireless network. I could be a guest filtered internet only vlan for example? Thats what we have at the moment.
-
Nice to hear things went well! Hope to see you in preston.
-
Just getting the hotel booked now.... Should be a fun couple of days.
-
Station to hotel is a 10 min taxi. I walked Station -> hotel last year (it was a nice day!) but wouldn`t recommend it. I also walked back to the Station as I picked the wrong bus route. Not sure about the conference venue as it's new this year...
-
Impero's technical support. yay or nay?
robk replied to geraintpowell's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Yep, Tech support is usually very good. I have rang recently with a few issues, and bent Russ's ear... No complaints from me in all seriousness, can only echo other comments. -
Really glad it all went to plan. I.E. No one was hurt. Sounds like a major headache for the school though. Hope the insurance pays out quickly.
-
Its worth noting that companys that A2Z resold for/ provided support for are not affected. So both Cyclone industries (Live Register) and Impero are NOT involved in this. Impero have always been independant, and have been providing their own support for the past Year or so.
-
The Biometrics are developed by cyclone industries, who I beleve split off from A2Z some time ago, and therefore are still opperating. I was hoping that an offical announcement from the ex A2Z would have happened by now but not seen anything yet. (apart from other suppliers telling me the details of course!) It appears they have gone into Liquidation, don`t know what details are publically available.
-
@tech_guy check for RCD's on the kitchen circuits... That would put a fly in insurance plans...
-
I can confirm the app works really well with the current beta. Once you know how to authorize the device!
-
Yep, def 40 or even 50.... He may even be as old as me... Happy birthday Ric!
-
Print Manager Plus is the one we use.
-
How many physical NICs for the ESXi configuration?
robk replied to Ignatius's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
I could be wrong on this, but knowing you can set up virtual switches in Vmware I would suggest you only need one nic. All of the other links and subnets would be internal to the esx box. You could vlan tag these on one nic into a vlan capable switch if you wanted to add additonal physical devices. I am sure some kind person will correct me if I am wrong! -
Second m25mans advice. Dont try to do a twisted pair crimp. Likely to mess up the signal to the sat box.
-
Now how about a "dream team" setup for a nm meeting Impero, Smoothwall & ruckus all demoed at the same time! Just a thought.
-
I understand that parent pay is supported by NRS I saw the options when setting up our cmis link. In terms of ups support its worth thinking how much the canteen can continue serving with no power. In fact as our site uses pumped storage for water we end up closing if a power cut lasts more than half an hour. (1400 students and no flushing toilets can be a problem!)
