-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
I think mine is minimum 4 weeks, rising to 12 weeks after 10 years. Asking your LA HR dept is the way to find out.
-
Will see if I can find a username/password. Dept has not thought it would be useful to have one of those...
-
I have been told by our MFL department that Nelson Thornes Kerboodle! product times out during lessons. NT tech support suggest that this may be caused by a problem with our ISA server, even though I told them we didn`t have a ISA. I am wondering if smoothwall is caching the content, or if its just the site. Is anyone else having problems, or can anyone confirm it known working via a smoothwall UTM? Thanks
-
That is my understanding, that question was asked at the conference. Does help a bit with the 1 connection limit doesn't it.
-
Have a look at OpenProject free and does Gantt Charts.
-
Routing between VLANs on HP ProCurve 4108GL Switch
robk replied to robknowles's topic in Wireless Networks
Does the switch have a ip address assigned in each vlan? If so you should only need to configure a static route to the outside world via the cli. This may be why your seeing the error messages. Your plan certainly sounds feasable, and I would agree that using a ISA server for internal routing may be a bit iffy in case it goes down. We have a smoothwall box routing wireless and our HP 5300 core switch doing everything else. -
Brought one (I think its that model) for a youth theatre recently. Paid significantly more than that though. Nice Camera, good video etc. Was a bit disapointed with the low light focus, but then I am comparing with a SLR. Certainly the IXUS range seems really good, and for a point and shoot camera well worth looking at.
-
I seem to remember seeing a installation guide on the Serco support site. There are also docs on optimizing the server install. I would suggest a clean install on new servers then restore facility backup, followed by photos and doc store files. May be try support again just incase someone was having a bad day?
-
We are just in the process of moving from Softlink Alice to MLS Eclipse.net. We were not impressed with Softlink's customer service. MLS appear better, but its early days. Not seen anything open source recently, but thats not to say it doesn`t exist!
-
Nice one mate, glad to hear it all went to plan.
-
Data import (Photos) into eclipse.net from Cmis Facility
robk posted a topic in Educational Software
Has anyone got photos to import from Facility into Eclipse.net without doing them all manually? Just done a brand new install of Eclipse.net, and MLS connect. Student data has gone across no problems,but its the Photos that are causing problems. Even a CSV import of photo filenames has failed. I have a call open with MLS support, but anyone got this to work? Thanks -
If you are connecting over the internet I would not suggest opening the smb/lanman ports for security reasons. As you already have 3389 open you could enable access to local drives on your home machine and copy data that way. (Assuming this has not been disabled on the work machine).
-
Upgraded ours to a 1tb sata drive and copied the data over. Not sure how a NAS would work.
-
I suspect many schools will be hitting the same problem as us next week with staff stuck away from home. I have been asked if its possible to rewrite our timetable on a temporary basis. Is this doable, or should we just look at a off line copy of facility and ignore eportal?
-
I beleve the vlans are joined together at Layer 3 with a router or routing switch. This means that the Layer 2 broadcast traffic is kept seperate.
-
CPC have a A3 scanner in their current flyer order code CS1948014 if you want to look it up on their website. Plustek OpticPro A320 is the model £449.79 is the cost. No idea how good they are though!
-
Yes we have a 3 dongle for that also great for checking sites that are filtered. Ours is on a wireless router so we can connect to it via laptops, and keeps the seperation of the 3g network and the school/lea etc lan.
-
Just checked via terminal services. Still showing adverts only on our EMBC connection.
-
It seems at least in derbyshire 4od has slipped backed to adverts only. Tested yesterday after a layer three upgrade.
-
Smoothwall Transparent Proxy one one port only
robk replied to robk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Thanks Ric, it was either that or I was going blind, either were possible! -
EduGeek Conf 2010- 2nd June, Chorley
robk replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Intend to be there as usual... Anyone who hasn`t made the trip its well worth it. RobK
