-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
Sounds like your setting up exactly what we have here, give up a ring at some point if you want. Rob
-
I am looking for a asp / asp.net code snippet that will I can enbed in a student password reset page for staff. My current code performs a winNT password reset, but that requires the existing password for the user. What I want to be able to do is get a member of staff to log on using their credentials (they have delegated rights) and reset students passwords looking up the username from a drop down list. Any ideas?
-
I don`t beleve its possible with Facility itself to use AD SSO, but I know you can buy the SSO add on for eportal. Do you want that though? At least with two usernames/passwords a machine left loged on by a member of staff can`t be used to access eportal.
-
Erm I think adito uses port 443 rather than 22. Open that port and see what happens.
-
Its not just ours then, we have had four end up like that. Ended up chipping the glass off and using them in the server room etc. Last batch of machines ended up being normal TFT`s but these were to go in sixth form areas.
-
Snap, different switching and a UTM-1000, but yes its do able. Ruckus will assign a vlan to a ssid, so you can set up a vlan for wireless, use your layer 3 switches to route it, and smoothwall to firewall it. Ip address can be a 192.168 private range if you needed.
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Just about to trial Ruckus, certainly impressed with Net-ctrl's response so far.
-
If its a edge switch (i.e. feeding network points for machines) I would go for something like a procurve2610 or if management is not a issue procurve 1800. If its a switch feeding other switches then gb would be good, so procurve 2800 series. Personally don`t like the 1700 & 1800 series switches, they seem built to price rather than spec...
-
I seem to remember Stone had something like that above their enquiry desk. Reminded me of the old style 3d photos with a ridged overlay on it. Looked good, didn`t ask how much. Just thanked Jo for the large box of pens she had given me for the edugeek saturday freebies!
-
Onsite cache server
robk replied to synaesthesia's topic in East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC)
I have yet to turn it on, but Smoothwall have added credential forwarding for this type of situation. I don't know if you could do this with just squid. -
Onsite cache server
robk replied to synaesthesia's topic in East Midlands Broadband Consortium (EMBC)
Do you use embcs portal for filtering? That could be the only stumbling block. We have a Smoothwall box doing a simalar job works really well. -
Very wise, thats where we are as well. That release has a issue when collecting report data, and we are hitting performance problems with eportal. Serco are dealing with it but I don`t want them to tell me to upgrade and find things are even worse.
-
Thanks pauljonze, do you know which December release your on? There are now three updates to the december release, We are running the second bug fix, but serco have released a new set this week. Having found that our year 11 reports compromised with the current one I don`t want to break it even more. Hence the request has anyone else upgraded yet?
-
Is anyone running the latest software releases from serco, (i.e. the 21st Jan Facility and the 28th Jan eportal)? We are having major problems with the previous release, and would like to know if the new versions are as bad...... I don`t want to beta test the release for serco on our live system with staff after my blood.
-
ePortal upgraded on IIS 7, now can't access through port 80
robk replied to OverWorked's topic in MIS Systems
How many times has the server been rebooted after upgrade? Ours took two reboots before IIS would work correctly. -
Yes I did manage to collect a large number of bags pens etc, to top up our freebies. I think that was the third batch of pens and mugs A2Z let me nick. Not to be out done Stone donated a pile as well. Nice to see rivalry work in our favour!
-
I have set the facebook permissions to public, so had hoped with facebook's current security, (or lack of it) it should be visable to all. Will give it a try. There is a embed option, but I don`t think I have rights to do that on here.
-
A quick timelapse video packing up the stand. Enjoy! Facebook - Edugeek takedown video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur3xCXRcPf4]YouTube- Edugeek Bett 2010 Takedown[/ame]
-
I will resist posting yet another photo of this eye resting event. A very entertaining evening.
- 32 replies
-
@specs That PDF looks great but not all LAs provide the access file, hence the problem.
-
Could the LA not get the tickets reprinted/collected at the station? Might be worth a try. Though I suspect we both work for the same LA, so I know how difficult these things can be. I tend to give up trying to get work to cover my CPD and get the tickets myself.
-
Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a good one.
-
Ouch James sounds like it could have been much worse. Hope it gets sorted soon!
-
Do you by any chance have password expiry enabled in eportal?
