-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
@Javik I know what you mean about Candy Crush! Apparently there is a reg edit for this. Apparently LTSB is only recommended for applications that need 5 years stability (medical equipment etc) they suggest we would want the newer features sooner than LTSB...
-
According to a training session I have just left, it's basically an in place upgrade so you should not loose any data or programmes. There is a script to remove apps from the start menu and a reg key to turn off consumer apps like candy crush etc I am told. Guess what I need to be testing soon...
-
A quick Google gives me the manual which looks like it does support Mac based auth via radius. Didn't find a walk though set of instruction a but after 4 days of bett I could have missed it!
-
Yes via Mac based authentication on a radius server. You would need to tell us what sort of switch it get a more meaningful answer though.
-
And a very annoying American accent.... Looks like Hogwarts is up next...
-
[android] Using cheap Android phones on WhatsApp within school
robk replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Ah, see what you mean. Create some extra users on 365 rather than Google accounts? -
[android] Using cheap Android phones on WhatsApp within school
robk replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Has the school already got office 365? -
Log on to the tfl website and you can get a report of all costs in a date range... You do have to register the card first though.
-
There are several oyster card readers along the walk way, rather than barriers. You need to tap your card on one of them otherwise you get charged a penalty fare.
-
I have seen the size of the box... They are not likely to run out! Not bay Saturday am at least!
-
@sted is correct if you have switches that can take modules that saves a device sometimes not possible though.
-
[android] Using cheap Android phones on WhatsApp within school
robk replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I have a couple of android phones at work 30odd quid from cpc which I hope to use SIM less for digipass and was thinking of trying Skype for business on them at some point. They certainly let me power them up and look for WiFi without a SIM card. -
Assuming there is a media converter at the other end as well I would suggest replacing the pair. That way you get round any incompatability issues between types etc, and then have a spare working unit for next time one of the other links has the same problem.
-
[android] Using cheap Android phones on WhatsApp within school
robk replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I was thinking Skype for business would do the job with voice calls etc or a sip client and something like freepbx on a raspberry pi. @SimpleSi may have one or two of those about... -
[android] Using cheap Android phones on WhatsApp within school
robk replied to SimpleSi's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
If you left the SIM out and used a sip soft phone you would have a cheap WiFi phone and camera. I can see that working. No SIM so no data, everything stays on the school network -
It's accounting server you need. It should be none destructive in that it will either work or you will be left with the two logon prompts.
-
Assuming the Meru controller can send Radius Accounting requests this may be the way forward. That's how our visitor wifi works, Ruckus handles the authentication and sends the smoothwall box accounting updates, web traffic is then shown against the guest user id on the smoothwall box.
-
This is what we were told as well. Just moved from a three year to a one year agreement for this very reason. Its a shame we have to trust the resellers and MS don't make this sort of info available.
-
Want to help out on the EduGeek Stand at BETT 2016?
robk replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Batteries and Phone Chargers are handy, will make sure I bring spares.... -
Assuming you use document storage (you may not) there is a folder where all the pdf's are stored. Were there any file shares off your facility server or was it database only with the client installed on the workstations?
-
Have you been in touch with Advanced Learning support? I think you are going to need your database, your doc storage backup and the current release files, together with SQL server installation media.
-
Merry Christmas!
-
With great thanks to Julian at Gemini 2000 we now have the SDK files.
-
Worth putting together a list of key features you need and using that to compare against. Otherwise you can get very carried away with features that you will not use. I think the LG system that someone quoted us was nearly 30k. Our final system was half that.
