-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
Not sure if this is possible... We have Office 365 set up and working and SSSo works perfectly. We also have Gsuite accounts set up to sync with Office 365 using the instructions here What I now want to do is make Chrome auto log in to the users Gsuite account, and ideally youtube as well. we dont use gmail etc so those apps are turned off on the Gsuite platform. Does anyone else do this, and if so how?..
-
Can you elaborate as to what the problems are? Ours is the same internally and externally (which is not best practice now) but everything is working..
-
Suggestions and opinions on new Visitor management system
robk replied to dapaulio's topic in Educational Software
Glad it wasn't just me that did that one then! -
Suggestions and opinions on new Visitor management system
robk replied to dapaulio's topic in Educational Software
Erm... I believe Inventry has just released an integration product with Paxton Net 2 that does this, but it's VERY new. Might be worth confirming that with them again. -
We were hoping to use the radio mic feed for the stream but it failed at the last hurdle. I suspect the major problem was live and delayed audio hitting the camera mic as the speaker was behind the speaker (yes I know... Space was tight and it seemed to be working well). Snag is if you don't put some "room" into a live feed you miss any off mic comments etc and with a smallish reverby room you will get some echo whatever we do. I do wonder if and when the speech to text service is released for Microsoft teams if that would give us the option of subtitles which might be good. It's certainly something we keep trying to improve and feedback is appreciated.
-
The snag with a roving mic is getting it to the person asking the question (or potentally getting it from someone who wants to keep talking). Plus you get the issue of the "microphone batton" effect.. people think as they are holding a mic (the batton) they can be heard, snag is mic at arms lengh does not give a clear audio signal. That's why I tend to go with the repeat the question route.
-
No adfs, we are using ssso.
-
If I wanted to block access to our office 365 tennant from a specific ip address (think hacking...) can this be done without using conditional access? We are on the free licencing so a little restricted on what we can get to.
-
Does moving to Sims hosted help at all? I think that's what we are doing while we wait for Sims 8...
-
For the last couple of weeks we have been seeing OWA not fully loading, the page that doesnt load is https://webpoolcwlgb102.infra.lync.com/ucwa/ which developer tools show as returning a 401 auth error.... It seems to occur both in school and externally. Is this happening for anyone else? Any one know of a fix? Thanks RobK
-
Net2 paxton data analysis
robk replied to nicholab's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
Would Paxton timesheet work? Would need Paxton pro installed rather than the light version. -
Unfortunately not.. Sent from my ANE-LX1 using EduGeek mobile app
-
Does anyone have any good teacher friendly training resources to spot phishing? We have had a number of near misses recently so now is the perfect time to send something out. I don't need to do a fake phishing test (yet) it's awareness material I am looking for.
-
Has anyone done the move from NRS V2/V3 up to V6 or V8? We have been offered this but at the cost of losing all the biometric data in the system. Surely that's a miss understanding? What till os is used for the newer version 6 or 8, could anyone confirm?
-
You would need to check with capita, bit my guess is that they only support their own hosted version, anything else would be "none standard".
-
Has anyone got a startup script to install this update? Dont have SCCM installed so looking at a way to roll this out with standard AD tools. Guessing UAC will be a problem, but dont want to turn that off!
-
Thanks @BKGarry that's what I have done (with a reject rather and redirect so the user knows the mistake). The complainant wants it removing..
-
Does anyone have a method of bulk removing addresses from the OWA Autocomplete list? It seems a member of staff has been using a home email rather than work, which is now stuck in various autocomplete lists. I can't manually delete as I dont know all of the users affected. Microsoft support have not been forthcoming with a solution, but I think there should be a way! Does anyone have a working script?
-
Is anyone else using this site and finding that all emails sent by the company are being marked as spam due to no SPF/DKIM records etc? Our exams officer seems convinced its the only site she can use...
-
New features coming to Remote Desktop Services
robk replied to Arthur's topic in Windows Server 2016
-
New features coming to Remote Desktop Services
robk replied to Arthur's topic in Windows Server 2016
Has anyone got this working in server 2016? can't install 2019 due to a VMware issue, and can't tell if I should be able to install the html 5 plug in on server 2016 full or not... I know server core is a none starter for the remote desktop components. -
Would you be willing to share this info... I have several machines doing exactly this. Uninstalling and re-installing CC takes a while!
-
Sync Accounts and Passwords between AD, Microsoft & Google - SSO
robk replied to Scorpio's topic in Cloud Services
You can point g-suite to authenticate from office 365. I think that will then do what you want. -
Who manages your Stage/production AV?
robk replied to SChurchill's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
This can be the really rewarding part. Some of our ex-students who helped out on shows and events went on to study the craft in HE and now work in that sector. Apart from working at heights (which can be difficult for staff let alone students) with care operation and building show can be done by students with some guidance. Its just unpicking things if they do it wrong (which is where the IT support skills comes in!). -
Who manages your Stage/production AV?
robk replied to SChurchill's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Sorry was running a show.... Should anyone be booking safeguarding/esafety I can recommend the crew from saltmine theatre, but I digress. It's me here (and mostly my kit) but does tend to fall in the realms of the ICT techs. There tends to be a good cross over between the skill sets required.
