Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. If you have just created your domain name etc its very likely that you tested the site before the records were there, so your ISP/router have cached the duff info. This is why it works everywhere else. Potentially reboot router/flush dns may help however you will probably find its working fine is 12-24 hours time when the cached records time out.
  2. Not seeing anything like that, at least not that I know of. Are Kcom on the case or have the closed it with we blame BT?
  3. My apologies thinking of the wrong product! I was talking about Microsoft teams live stream not g-suite. Miss read the thread title.
  4. Sorry but I think that is incorrect. The whole point of a Ms live stream is a one way video, but I am fairly certain chat still works, certainly has on the events I have watched by teams live. No need to go over to the dark side...
  5. Does anyone know if Windows 10 hosts are supported? or do I need to look for other solutions... Ideally I would be fitting a new server etc, but in the timescale available using what we have seems to be a good idea.
  6. We have the usual school RDP system set up with a RDP Gateway, RDP Session broker, and a single VM server for students to work from home. I have also set up being able to connect to any specified Windows 10 desktop, via the Gateway. Is there a way of creating a collection of windows 10 machines that I can publish to staff so they just get the next available machine? I know you can do that with VDI, but I need to use the physical machines that will be idle in the classrooms.. Any ideas?
  7. THIS! It should work as long as you have the pro version of net2. We use double tap of a set of cards to trigger lock down, and double tap of SLT cards to release.
  8. robk

    Facility CMIS

    Have you contacted Advanced support? I think that's where I got a copy a year or two ago.
  9. I signed it and then revoked the global admin access immediately. Seemed to work.
  10. To follow up on my own thread.... Salamander can use the API to set various fields. Has anyone managed to get the correct info to complete the agreement screen in bulk?
  11. Are you looking for eportal logs? I think they are lost when eportal restarts.
  12. You need this set.
  13. Check the modules are working on the same frequency of light (ie colour) I know someone who got caught out by that one, needed to swap one of the modules in the end.
  14. Been using the compatables linked above for some time, no issues that I am aware of. couldn't afford to run it at £27 per roll!
  15. Android to android or apple to apple is easy, crossing the divide however is a problem... I know apple to droid can be done via third party tools but not looked at the other way round.
  16. Anyone know if this can be used with say Equitrac (as a replacement for EveryonePrint)? From memory Everyoneprint connects via a LPR print queue so accounting etc still works. I have 12 months to go before I can switch to paper cut...
  17. I have just about got G-suite to SSO via AzureAD. Have my users synced. Created a g-suite site page to force authentication to g-suite so youtube and chrome are logged in. So far, so good. Currently a new user gets a Google agreement page, a confirmation of username, and a speedbump page, before finally being re-directed where they should be. Can we do the agreements in bulk (as its going to confuse the students!) and potentially turn any of the other confirmations off?
  18. It seems our current system with a "photo shoot" every year to update photos that we use for id cards and MIS etc. I am hoping to set up some form of photo booth that we can take an Id image either in small quantities or maybe a year group? What do others use?! Ideally free of course.
  19. You can write it yourself using the api, the costs attached to those two products are approx £2k when I looked.
  20. I know you can make g-suite use office 365 password etc I believe you can do the reverse if the OP wants to manage things from g-suite. That would then give Ms licences for office. Though don't know how sso etc would work.
  21. Has anyone been able to set up a custom landing page? Just thinking if the g-suite logon happened via a URL maybe chrome would then pick up the account? A custom start page with a few short cuts and a google search box might be ideal. @Zoom7000 any ideas?
  22. It's that last SSO step that's the problem isn't it. Any ideas would be fantastic.
  23. As long as the dongle is on the draytek compatability list it should work. Might be worth looking at the 4g mifi devices though everything in one box with up to about 10 devices.
  24. Out of interest which Siemens phones are you using.. have a similar problem but not as accute. We do also use Siemens phones and its Poe switches that have issues....
×
×
  • Create New...