-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
Sounds like you want smoothwall cloud filter. Worth a chat to your account manager.
-
Anybody using Davinci Resolve in their schools? Can you hide the C:\
robk replied to Jaan's topic in Educational Software
Worth considering if the end users can actually delete things that would cause problems, assuming they are not running as local admin etc, accessing the C drive shouldnt be quite as concerning as it used to be. -
Smoothwall update fails to install
robk replied to 5tu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Probably worth raising a Smoothwall support ticket, I gather there is a fix they may be able to manually apply. -
-
Another ATEM user here. Works really well.
-
Home Setup | Using an old Landline Telephone with Internal VoIP
robk replied to Tom_M's topic in Wired Networks
No idea if this is possible, but do virgin media provide details of the phone line for say a SIP client? If you could add the VM line directly into 3cx that would work a treat. Otherwise your looking at several adapters etc, most of which do multiple lines that you wouldnt need. -
[bug/error] Site is pushing to HTTP
robk replied to CyBeRkId2002's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
I can confirm that over Christmas, I got access to the new edugeek test site. From my view, all looks good. We need to do slightly more testing, but there is actually a new site in existence! -
That sounds like new NIC drivers, (similar fix tried on ours) good to hear its all up and working.
-
For us it's NIC 1. Different chipset to us though. Might be worth trying a different NIC though.
-
Which NIC on the S8 are you using? I saw a similar issue when I used the management NIC for traffic. Seems the nic interface was a different Chipset and didn't like the heavy load. (This was after a migration to a new box and I had migrated the old config). Would fit with increased Internet connection so more traffic. Worth a look. I am sure smoothwall support would be able to confirm if this was possibly the problem.
-
Braswick here. Never any major issues as long as you give them the data they ask for.
-
Smoothwall - Renew or replace?
robk replied to mdrabble's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
You mean filtering policies? I thought you could? Personally I look at smoothwall, consider what I need to rework to change and stay put. -
-
-
We currently have a pair of Zone Director 3000's running 9.12.2.0 with a mix of 7363 & R500 access points. We may be able to get hold of some R510 access points to replace the 7363's but don't think we can downgrade the R510's to V9. Not sure if we can upgrade the ZD3000's if we replace the 7363's? (Another school in the trust has DFE connecting the classroom funding, so we are trying to get as much impact as possible by reusing what they are taking out!) Thoughts anyone?
-
In our case, our new website was designed to redirect www. to which on the wider internet meant that an A record for was the website hosting. I had to ask our hosting to swap the site from to www. and it was fixed very quickly. You could prove thats the problem by adding an ip address for into your hosts file, and then try and browse the site "off site".
-
Compatible card for Paxton Net2 Controller and HID door reader
robk replied to bheart's topic in Physical Security
The Standard net 2 readers don't read mifare I understand, there is a universal net 2 door reader that does. The HID cards are thicker from memory. -
It's certainly affecting us in Derbyshire..
-
force....
-
@free780 Do you happen to know what the firewall changes were? I know we are blocking something, but can't work out what!
-
I have been asked to look at setting up "eSports" for classroom use. Potentially using Rocket League. Does anyone have any experience at doing this? Shared machine installs etc are all going to be difficult I suspect. Any suggestions would be great!
-
Yes @JATSO it was a short term demo.
-
Managed to take this photo, hand held on the way home Friday night... Lovely Canon R6 and a fantastic 100-500MM lens. Just wish I could afford that level of equipment!
