-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
Is this a fully hosted solution that offers the full fat client or is it a cut down offer of slg?
-
I'm not sure how I feel about it tbh, it was ok, as I said I didn't not enjoy it. But it could of been more? Seemed to go on and on at times with no real purpose. Did like the end though.
-
Just finished Interstellar - looooong ass film!!! Was ok, not dissapointed but not blown away either.
-
Just bought 30 laptops off verypc - very happy with price and spec
-
Netflix here along with youtube for additional programs for the kids. Ditched sky about 6 months ago, do miss the PVR but everyone has got used to the current Sat box and its inability to record 2 channels etc. There is so much available "on demand" that recording programs is a bit pointless. Plus I have a Plex server running that give's me a few more streaming options. I have a roku 3 box and chromecasts in various tv's. 2 of my tv's have no aerial attached so they only get streamed or dvd content.
-
I'll be Gaspode - the wonder dog. No reason as it was one of my 1st online persona's many years ago.
-
Yes but have you had your data?
-
Was just about to post this. Very sad news. http://www.pjsmprints.com/ Taken from his twitter feed = Terry took Death’s arm and followed him through the doors and on to the black desert under the endless night
-
I can't help think that the homework is more for the schools benefit than the kids. Helps the schools if children achieve more - gives more value added. I have this argument in school a lot, it's not the schools fault that the curriculum is over crowded and they can't teach it all in a school day/term. My son is 7 and goes to a very good local primary (in Wales) and currently he gets very little homework, but I know that will increase as he gets older. Homework isn't enforceable and as my boy gets older and it eats into his time with family and friends I won't be too bothered if he doesn't get it all done. It's not all about grades, childhood is to be enjoyed!!
-
Have watched it for all 5 series so far, but something needs to start happening now. They lurch from one "perfect" town to another and the inevitable happens and they move on again.
-
I'm 40 and only just stopped playing 2nd team rugby, still have a run out for any "VETS" team who needs an old prop, also just qualified as a rugby ref. Pop to your local club for a few training sessions and see how you enjoy it. Bit late for this season tbh as there probably only about 8 weeks left but training session and the odd game of touch rugby will let you get a glimpse of what you've been missing
-
Blue and Brown
-
Remote desktop server works fine for us
-
[tv show] Thunderbirds Are Go! International Rescue Return To The Small Screen...
pooley replied to 6Foot2's topic in TV & Movies
Never liked the original series so doubt I'll enjoy the new one. Just never appealed. -
Simple website creator for primary ... advice please
pooley replied to pooley's topic in How do you do....it?
Thanks guys, Weebly looks the easiest for them. I do like the google one too. thought about wordpress but don't fancy 60 installing 60 instances of it. -
Our Y6 teachers have just approached me asking for a simple way of our year 6 creating their own websites. Has anyone used any of the "free" ones on the www or have any advice or tips as to what we could be using ? I'm 100% that notepad and HTML are way beyond the staff here so a GUI /Template driven one would be best. Thanks Si
-
So people would rather Bing than Google ? Really. Is this Microsoft buying into something to them kill it off as competition?
-
Thanks guys, space isn't really an issue, the design of the current desks is just clumsy. We are a primary sdchool so there aren't that many big kids to squeeze in. I hadn't considered AIO setup, will have a look now. Thanks Si
-
Our ageing ICT suite needs an overhaul. Now unfortunately it was designed and built only to support 20 pc's. Now we can adapt the suite to allow 30 units but they will have to be Laptops (No room for 30 monitors). So i'm looking for recommendations on Laptops, core i5 preferably or equivalent. I'd like them to be Windows 7 compliant. So I can at least image them back to Win 7 (I'm not about to inflict Win 8 on Staff unless I really have to) Thanks Si
-
Star wars - I want my cookie
-
Learnpads = we have loads and love them. Ipads = we have a few and I hate them!!!!
-
Try disabling your AV and ask sender to resend? then re enable av obviously. At least that way you can discount the AV product from playing up?
- 2 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- emails
- exchange 2003
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Junior school password policy - what do you do?
pooley replied to adminray's topic in How do you do....it?
Primary school here. reception - year 2 have generic username + single letter password. Years 3+4 have their own username and default password "pupil". Year 5+6 can choose their own password. No passwords are set to expire. Si -
Thursday and Friday for me. 11 - 3 will be helping out on the Learnpad stand.
