Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Having a quick look at this. There is an app StoryVisualizer but it's not in the Learnpad store to install from there. You could install in manually on the learnpads from google play and create a shortcut to it. Learnpad will try and add the app if they can but whether they can get it uploaded to their portal in time for your training I wouldn't know. Si
  2. You're the first person I have found who enjoyed it? Me and my 8yr old were totally bored. He said it wasn't very funny, and kids cartoons need to be funny.
  3. After work sounds good as does after Christmas.
  4. Sussed it, for some reason it had put a redirect in the main program files folder.
  5. Had an issue with a desktop so had to end up reinstalling sims. Now when I point it to the connect.ini file I get an URI error Pic attached. I can't even get it to look in a different location for the connect.ini file now
  6. I'm in Bridgend. Support a couple of primaries (self employed - local LA don't like me lol)
  7. Firefox for home use - no proxy. I.e. & chrome for work.
  8. 3 yellows and he'd be banned for a game - that's not going to happen with only 1 game left
  9. We've been playing with our b team all tournament!
  10. TBH we just have WPA2 auth here. Cheers for the documentation
  11. Mine work fine here using CISCO wifi kit. Transparent proxy based on IP so no issues with internet access either. Just want a simple way to multicast to them for digital signage and i'll be happy.
  12. Wales on 13 points, Australia 9 and England 6. It's 4 points for a win, 5 with a bonus point(4 tries). Bonus also for losing team being within 7 points. So if Australia beat England Saturday Wales and Australia will go through. If England win they go to 10 points plus the guarantee of 5 points from Uruguay game. Means they will have 15 points at least from the group stages. So.the Wales V Australia game would then become winner take all, with one of those teams going through with england. If anyone draws a game between now and then, all bets are off and my brain will melt. Sunday we will have a better idea of where all teams stand.
  13. Some tired welsh players out there, 5 day turnaround from a fast and physical England game took its toll. Happy with the win!!
  14. I disagree with D'Arcy, Burgess did the job that was asked of him, not the same could be said for Barritt who awful again.
  15. Hitler reacts to growing Wales injury list - Very NSFW (Written text)
  16. pooley

    Gaming Chat

    Discworld II / 2 PC Game - Missing Presumed...?? **Not much of a gamer**
  17. Minions movie - 7 yr old loved it, it was OK. Doesn't come close to either Despicable Me movies
  18. Just got an LG G4 in place of my old Nexus 4. Screen and camera are great. Battery life seems good. It is plastic but I've bought a nice case for it so you can't tell. Has a micro sd slot (up to 2tb - not available yet) so fairly future proof.
  19. Half day today and then 6 weeks off. Can't bloomin wait!!!
  20. Jurassic World - I enjoyed it
  21. Lol I love the evil dead franchise
  22. What was he thinking? If at all! Canadian flew over Calgary in chair carried by balloons - BBC News
  23. Watched the latest Mad Max film last night, not bad, lots of action (too much?) barely a story line though.
  24. What is this "IT dept cupboard" you speak of? If it's what I think it is then ME and a couple of servers live in a cupboard at one primary I support!
  25. I've only been cycling for a couple of years now, trained last year and this year for a charity ride - 2 days 65 miles on one and 50 on the other. Mainly flat. Was from Miskin (S Wales) to Taunton with a stop over in Portishead. I have a Garmin Edge 200 on my bike which gives me my current and average MPH. I don't have a heart rate monitor, it's not normally the heart/fitness that lets you down it's the legs. Your heart will recover quicker than your legs!! I started out just doing 10 - 15 miles once a week, then building to 20 - 30. Did 1 that was 50 miles plus and another that was 60+. If you can mange that you can do 70+80 miles - it's just time in the saddle. The issue's I have are HILLS&Mountains (I live in Wales - they are everywhere) and average speed) My daydream ave speed is 12 -13.5 mph, my concentrated ave is around 17mph. (When I started I was a 10mph man and happy) This velothon included 2 mountain climbs, "The Tumble" = 3miles of sheer misery climbing at 8-10% incline after 50 miles in the seat and then "Caerphilly mountain" 12 - 16% for about 500yds but at 70miles in was awful!! So for next year I HAVE to get my legs used to more mountain climbs, if you can do hills then flat is easy. The route included 3 stops, 38, 53 and 71 miles respectively - total course was 86miles. I took additional snacks and gave myself another extra stop on about 60miles. I'm one of these people who can't maintain a hobby easily, I have to have a challenge to work towards, so with that in mind I have another 2x 40 milers booked in over the next couple of months. It gets addictive!
×
×
  • Create New...