Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Only the older members will get that joke
  2. pooley

    dlc in games

    I'm not a gamer but reading this, surely this will just encourage more game piracy? especially PC /PS3/Wii etc that can support pirated content.
  3. What spec pc's are you running as terminals? I have some v old Intel imacs (bootcamped) that I have just decommissioned and this has me thinking of using them as research pc's in our library.
  4. I am currently in my 30 days cancellation window, have allready been offered 35% for the next year if I continue with them. I have a Plex server and netflix, ruckus and chrome devices everywhere. It's the Mrs that's going to be the issue, she likes the sky PVR and the on demand stuff.
  5. I like it. Did you use a template at all or start from scratch? My HT is looking at a new website, he keeps mumbling about doing it in house, but without a template he's got no chance, I couldn't design a pretty paper bag!!
  6. I can't stand the new Dr! No personality!!
  7. Had this recently on one of my HP 350 servers and it turned out to be a faulty power supply. The random reboots went from monthly, to weekely to not rebooting and only at that point could I identify the faulty part as the LED was red on the mobo.
  8. pooley

    Files gone!

    Could it be they were cached on the desktop but no actually sync'd and now offline files has been disabled it's just deleted/removed them. You could look to see if there are any files left in c:\windows\csc . this is the default location for offline file storage.
  9. pooley

    BGinfo.exe

    You can configure and run it as a startup script - Link to GPO setup Apply BgInfo using a Group Policy Logon Script - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki
  10. Pwb Luc - good luck fella
  11. Log in as a local user? Or connect to the PC's "Computer management" from another domain pc and look at the event viewer.
  12. Why have they gone straight to Windows 10? Because Windows 7 8 9.
  13. Far too much time on his hands
  14. Maybe it's a feature?
  15. My first mobile was a Nokia 2140 on Orange. 1995 ish
  16. Anyone else having issues with this site not fully loading? Seems to stall. If I "X" the site from loading all the content is there, it's like it intermittently gets stuck trying to load something on the page. Happens a lot on the "Whats new" tab. Si
  17. I have the x64 version of 5.7 if you need it? it's about 20mb
  18. pooley

    Heating

    T-Shirt and Shorts for me, no heating yet.
  19. IS it a hidden share ? i.e. share$ ? OSX doesn't like hidden shares at all.
  20. Take a look at this thread http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mac/82734-saving-mapped-network-drive.html
  21. Reads like you have DNS issues. Check your DNS server and make sure it has the correct settings and server ip's etc now you have restored your DC's.
  22. Done, good luck.
  23. pooley

    Hwb

    Ooh thanks, I did hope that there was a forum or destructions that mere teachers wouldn't know about.
  24. pooley

    Hwb

    I had a look at it last week. I missed the training so only had the teacher and her notes she took. Now i'm not used to the office 365 and sharepoint environment and struggled. It was a bit like wading through glue, with an angry legless bear dragging behind. Management don't seem to be very pro-active in deciding what they want from it, staff are clueless and until someone tells me to i'm not going to make this my project.
×
×
  • Create New...