-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
If the contract is still valid but you are having to pay for additional services, i.e. Wifi on ipads (not difficult) then just use someone different along side them. Stop calling them out for jobs jst pay them the bare minimum you can until the end of the contract.
-
Tablets in schools...which one and why?
pooley replied to Little-Miss's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Yep between my 2 schools we have around 150 of them. Took a while for the teachers to stop pouting we weren't having shiney iPads!! But they have since worked out how controllable and customisable the learnpads are they have taken to them 100% now. -
Tablets in schools...which one and why?
pooley replied to Little-Miss's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
When creating a network share it gives you then option to enter a username and password to use by default. See http://learnpad.co/support/manage/network-shares.cfm -
Tablets in schools...which one and why?
pooley replied to Little-Miss's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
I haven't had this problem, I just ask learnpad if they can add an app to the store. Generally they do it within a week. If I am in a rush I will get the APK of the app and install/deploy manually. It's not difficult. -
Tablets in schools...which one and why?
pooley replied to Little-Miss's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
@witch Yep. We bought our's direct from learnpad.co we have the octavo's (8") and they have been fine. You can put the learnpad software on any android device, I know Toshiba are pushing tablets bundled with learnpad. Learnpad are their own make. -
Tablets in schools...which one and why?
pooley replied to Little-Miss's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Primary We have around 100 Learnpads, Staff have a Nexus 7 each. The teachers took a while to get over the fact we didn't buy lots of iShiney devices. But the management side of the learnpads and the way they can be controlled and locked down for teaching has sold them to the staff. Class set (30) was about £5500 with a charging trolley -
I'm struggling to find a "me" present this year, I never buy myself anything or ask anyone to get me anything, as long as the kids are pleased then that's ok. But I wouldn't mind something this year. Thinking about trying to be a gamer and buying myself a PS3 (as it has Blueray) or just spashing out on some surround sound/amps etc. No idea really. My house allready has, 27"imac, Apple tv x 2, Ipad 2, (will have ipad air shortly) Nexus 7, Roku box. Perhaps I should think of a hobby to get into?
-
Disabled domain wide here
-
Why the no internet access? As long as it's filtered surely they will benefit from games etc on cbeebies and so on? I witnessed a reception child log into a pc and get onto the web and get to "friv" so he could play his favorite games.
-
Same here, only year onwards get their own login, then it's their firstname&initial& yearofbirth. Hopefully by y3 most of them can spell their name and know how old they are... MOST!!
-
[video] Was iOS 7 created in Microsoft Word?
pooley replied to Arthur's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
That was amazing. I wonder how long it took in real time? -
Unplug any non essential USB devices and make sure there's nothing in the cd/dvd tray
-
Anyone got a ball park figure? We currently have support from our la @ £1800pa (480 on roll) We wondering if we could save anything by going direct. Thanks Si
-
I've been bald for about 10 years now (38 now) just embrace it I don't look 38 or so i'm told, hard to tell my age without grey hair or receding hairline. :~)
-
STOCKTOBER2! A month of prizes and sweeties from VeryPC
pooley replied to VeryPC's topic in Our Advertisers
I assume my earlier PM put me in the bucket/box/bin/elephant/hole?? -
Failed miserably but thanks anyway lol
-
May seem a random question but I can't find a way to buy nexus tablets for my school direct from Google? Has anyone managed to buy kit and get invoiced? We don't have a school credit card. Thanks Si
-
I'll give that a try when I get home, thanks.
-
Found this invite on Pinterest and would like to use it for my daughters 1st birthday. Any idea's how they created the "ONE" filled with dots? Thanks Si
-
Love it
-
Our SEN class would like an interactive board of some sort, now due to the nature of the children I am thinking an interactive tv/screen would be better, no shadow etc. But it would need to be very robust (they have managed to destroy an iPad in a griffin case) Has anyone got an interactive solution in a special class? Cheers Si
