Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Reading Ages final.xlsx Thanks guys, took your advice and examples and along with another forum for help I have it working. Have attached document in case someone else wants the formula Si
  2. My local Chinese is a 2, is bl00dy lovely it is too
  3. Thanks guys, making progress lol. I'm going home now, will revisit this on Monday Si
  4. Copy of Reading Ages sample.xlsx @pubgrub277 thanks mate, nearly got it working, i've edited it so it works out the chronological age of the child based on the date of the test taken and dob. But it's not shoing the months only the year difference. Now after working on this for a few hours I can no longer see the wood for the trees, can you spot my obvious mistake, because i Bl00*y can't Si
  5. Still not able to get around the issue, I need a way of telling excel that its dealing with months not numbers to 10
  6. I have been asked to produce a spreadheet that will work out chronological ages and the difference between reading ages and chronological ages in excel, showing -/+ values. Now as months got to 12 and not 10 excel is not playing ball, and I've got that Friday feeling where my brain doesn't function too well. Anyone fancy a look for me? I need the difference in months between columns I and H.jo.xls Cheers Si
  7. Some memories there
  8. Use IE in school and give them firefox for home use
  9. Our LA charge the schools £185 per day, I charge £180 per day.
  10. Well it doesn't work without .11a drivers so RMA it and ask for one that works
  11. I would charge £50 mate, if it had been taken to a shop they would of charged more so they getting a deal. It's not just the time the job took it's your expertise your charging for too.
  12. Thanks guys, have contacts TASC and Bromcom for prices.
  13. The ONLY reason we are considering SLG as we wan't e-registration in the classroom. We currently have this by using full sims clients in the classrooms and connecting to the Sims admin server via SQL on port 1433 (We have admin/curriculum split) The LA have decided we can no longer have traffic between Admin/curriculum networks. So our options are: - LA provide terminal sevices solution and centrally host sims - Both admin and curric access via TS/Citrix (Cost £2000 pa ish) SLG -we provide ourselves to acheive the same as we are getting now I have no idea about Bromcom or TASC, will they integrate with SIMs or are they products on their own ? Thanks Si
  14. While I await a call from Capita I thought I would ask the edugeek collective. We are concidering purchasing SLG, now my questions are. Can we host this ourselves? Or are there better options (Primary school 500 children) How complicated is setup? Are any microsoft licenses needed, Sharepoint etc?? Any ball park figure on costs? Thanks Si
  15. OK lets rethink this, under the managed preferences, you have setup "Groups" that are to be managed, staff, admin, kids etc? Have you made sure that you have selected to "always" manage a preference as apposed to only managing it once?
  16. The only thing I can think of is maybe its the way you have linked the macs to OD and AD, When you connect the macs to both directory services, under Directory domains Make sure that LDAP is below Active Directory
  17. WGM will only affect the users when they are logged into the Mac side and AD should only affect users when they are logged into windows. I've not come across a setup where AD affects MAc and OD (Mac AD) affects Windows.
  18. Thanks guys, I'll try 1 with Debian and chrome running as a Kiosk and another as a wireless thin client. Anyone got a guide on setting up a thin client on one of these? Already have a 2008r2 Remote desktop services server running. @cpjitservices sorry mate, not looking to get rid, all IT equipment is heavily in use here.
  19. They only have a 4 gig and 8gig patrition, too small for W7, they are too small really for anything other than web browsing. We have about 10 - 15 still working and they need a new lease of life. What have you done with yours ?
  20. I have my ATV2 jailbroken and can now play content direct from my Nas or use XBMC to watch live internet streams. It's just a shame we have to hack these devices for them to be made more useful.
  21. @JJonas no other functionality, just the ability to connect it to my HDTV and free up my laptop.
  22. On my AppleTV I have what you listed plus, Navi-x and Super TV, both 3rd party addons for XBMC
  23. That wont work, needs to rubbed against a nubile virg.. i'll just get my coat
  24. So 9 out of 10 14-16 year olds access porn regularly at home, well I wonder how much money they spent finding that one out? Of course they look at porn, all teenagers (boy's mainly i'd of thought) have done and will do. It's part of growing up,it's been a while since I was a teen and I didn't have the enjoyment of the internet back then, had to rely on the random finding of a porn mag that had been stashed in a bush, or one passed down from an older brother or older friend. Kids access porn, whether it be on the internet or in a magazine, you can't stop it, why would you want to? It's part of growing up...
  25. Our fingerprint scanner has given up the ghost, I have contacted Junior Librarian and they are asking £260 for a replacement. Now assuming they are the standard Digital Persona U and U scanners I can get them for -£90. Is anyone using anything other than what JL send out or does the software only work with a specific version? Thanks Si
×
×
  • Create New...