Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. A work around is to tell your teachers about quietube. If you add the word quiet before the youtube.com/**** you only get the video. e.g https://www.quietyoutube.com/watch?v=Ji40f31J3UI
  2. Thanks ladies & gents. I think i'll just find a nice new Joomla template and revamp what we have.
  3. Does anyone bother hosting or running their own website these days or has everyone farmed out the work? Mainly thinking of primary schools with this. Its a pain in the @rs to get updated content off teachers so the school website is always out of date. I'm thinking of just having a static, almost 1 or 2 page website and just link any "nice content (photo's etc) to our facebook page. Any nice "janet & john" child friendly theme's about?
  4. Spoke to my account manager (Michael Hinchliffe) yesterday, he's still there at least.
  5. We have a school Twitter account and a FB account, both are linked so whats posted on one goes on the other. 1 year on and no complaints as yet. Worked well on our Y6 residential to Paris, parents loved seeing photos and getting daily updates.
  6. Plusnet working fine here, I hammer it and its been pretty stable.
  7. I've been a Dr Who fan for a very long time but I have to say this latest series is leaving me a bit cold. I havent enjoyed the storylines, episode 1 I put down to the introduction of Capaldi and Ep2 was annoying, why has the Dr suddenly got to be vulnerable and need help all the time? Also not enjoying Capaldi as the Dr, maybe after a few more episodes he ill grow on me.
  8. Never been into gaming so can't feel sorry for the guy.
  9. After finally retiring from rugby in April (the wife made me, i'm too old apparently, 39yrs old now) I gained about a stone in flab, even taking into consideration i took up cycling as a hobby (poor diet can't be fixed in the gym). Then 2 weeks holiday on a Cruise ship added another 8lbs!! So over the last 4 weeks I have started eating clean and going to the gym, i'm following the 5x5 Stronglift program, not easy while on a calorie deficit but I have made some good gains over the last few weeks. Not shifted loads of weight though, maybe 6lb total, but my clothes are starting to fit me again now so thats al tat really matters. Will be back on my bike this weekend, a 50 mile charity ride I signed up for in June has sneaked up on me (2 weeks away) so i'd best put some training in for that too. So I hope to drop another half stone by the end of September and then just maintain my exercise and re-evaluate where I am come Christmas.
  10. Looks like the Learnpad.co URL has changed to Learnpad.com/UK ? But it hasn't affected the pad I have here.
  11. So would this still need us to have a server on site or could the whole lot be hosted by Capita ?
  12. Just moved to Plusnet unlimited fibre, got it for £9.99pm for first 6 months plus £100 top cash-back. 18 mnth contract, came in a lot cheaper than sky and bt
  13. One of my schools has just become a Learnpad Leader School, so we get to show off a bit to other schools around us. **One issue we do have are certain apps aren't available in your list of apps. Certain apps we use a lot like FileCloud aren't available and the search doesn't show up anything. Majority of them are there but some aren't is there anyway these could get added?** If you submit a request via the learnpad support email or through @LisaLearnPad they will look at the app and liaise with the developer to get it added to the Learnpad store. **I also wanted to know why Apple Apps such as iMovie and GarageBand are on your list of apps, if you try to add them into a lesson they don't appear on the LearnPad, I'm a bit confused why they're in your store?** Learnpad are developing a "Learnpad for iPad" app, currently in Beta. This will allow you to set Learnpad lessons on your iPads. It doesn't lock down the iPads like it does with the Learnpads and it's an early Beta version at the moment. That's why some apple apps are in the store. We have invested heavily in them at the moment, we have 120+ in one primary I work in and 100+ in the other. They are much easier to setup/configure/manage and secure than iPads. Si
  14. Been on 4.4.3 since released (N4) I like the new dialer but my battery life is miserable compared to 4.4.2. Was going to try a factory reset but will try 4.4.4. first.
  15. Me too http://www.edugeek.net/forums/behind-red-door/137850-your-role-7.html#post1187100
  16. pooley

    DVD issue

    +1 for linux live disk and copy them off
  17. We have Android here in the form of Learnpads, they are are about £150 per unit 8". We bought the class sets 30* with Lapcabby for around £5500. They tie in with network shares and are very easily managed.
  18. I often get this, I just assumed I was signed in somewhere else and it was refreshing there?
  19. Any news on when they going to finish building it?
  20. The DHT has asked me about call center software and recording calls etc. Her son is setting up (another) business venture - this time a small 5 man call center. Apparently he has it all sorted, staff, contracts, office space, phones, but... he hasn't got a means to record calls. This is a must in the CS business by the sounds of it. I am tempted just to walk away and say I have no clue, but my techie mind is peaked and I wondered what the options would be? I have no idea about PBX setup and for only 5 lines he's probably better off with a cloud solution?? Idea's on a postcard please. Si
  21. You could inform the teachers about quiettube ? Basically you take the youtube url and insert quiet after the www. i.e. Awsome Fails Compilation 2013 - YouTube becomes http://www.quietyoutube.com/watch?v=T0nlEWRtu0Y
  22. Only had to contact them once and the response/fix was immediate. I would recommend them tbh.
  23. We have the app after seeing them at Bett. It does the job well, immediate updates via the website and file hosting for pdf files etc. It's a great way of communicating with parents. Push notifications work well too. The free trial is a nice tie in, once you've told your parents there's an APP they can use are you really going to take it away from them ?
  24. Bit far from sunny south Wales, if it makes an appearance in Bristol then I'll make that one.
  25. Usually means it will process the GPO on next logon, logoff/logon and see if the Folder redirect has worked
×
×
  • Create New...