Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. As long as they promise not to clone my wife then i'm happy
  2. Lol, My mrs bought the lot, video monitors, Angel babycare pad/sensor things, we have an open plan lounge and our bedroom is less than 2 meters door to door from my daughters room. It's not like we live in a mansion. FYI i used to pretend the monitors were on just to appease the wife, always switched them off as they bu@@ered with the wifi
  3. In my experience babies scream loudly when they are annoyed, no need of a monitor here
  4. pooley

    Snap do

    Have you checked its not still running as an extension in chrome?
  5. Using chrome **Looking ok
  6. Quick reply test on Chrome - - - Updated - - - Quick reply test on Chrome - - - Updated - - - Test using IE - - - Updated - - - Test using IE
  7. Different SSID ? clutching at straws now
  8. That or a complete factory reset of the Hudl ?
  9. Tried "forgetting" the network and reconnecting ?
  10. Soulfish I have considered it, hence the post, I have no clue about london and transport etc so looking for recommendations
  11. Yeah I had noticed. Think i'm just going to have to take a hit on the rail tickets
  12. OK I thought i'd be a good hubby and book a weekend away to London for the wife's birthday. Booked the train tickets ages ago - nice and cheap then. I have since discovered it's the same bl@@dy weekend as the London marathon, and reasonable priced hotels are like hen's teeth! Not knowing london at all i'm after a bit of advice on hotels maybe in the outskirts of london with good tube access in? The rail tickets I bought were non-refundable so it's either loose £100 on them or find a reasonably priced hotel. I'll pay up to/around £200 ish for the 2 nights. Any idea's ? Si
  13. We have android via Learnpad. Over 100 now £150 device. No issues with WiFi or proxy. In fact learpad have their own management app which can be controlled via their web portal or by the use of QR codes. Makes setting up WiFi and proxy as easy as scanning a code.
  14. pooley

    SPAM emails

    +1 for hmrc zip file emails Edit Sorry I'm not in Lancs, S Wales
  15. Between my 2 schools we have over 200 learnpads and about ipads. The iPads are rarely used and learnpads are fought over. Easy to use and manage and the fact flash works it opens up loads of the BBC site for kids.
  16. Good luck and enjoy your time with your grand-daughter, as a parent to 3 I rely on my parents/in laws to keep me sane As for keeping up with tech, your 1 year old grand-daughter will soon have her own tablet/ PC / interactive robot ....
  17. Not having played minecraft, what are the educational benefits of this game ?
  18. Ooh was looking for one of these. I fancy a media server project for the house
  19. I'm looking to start using PI with my Computer club I run, currently we use Kodu and scratch for programming but i'd like to freshen things up. I'm interested in the PI Robot project I've seen you link to in the past. Any walk through on that would be great to see. My personal experience of PI is small, I have 1 setup as a NAS/Torrent box that just sits there and feeds my Plex server content. But as my linux experience is 0 I haven't been too keen to play further. So any tips/tricks advice would be great. I will follow this section with interest
  20. Dabs have the 2012 Nexus 7 for under £100 ASUS Refurb Grade A Nexus 7 NVIDIA Quad Core 1GB 16GB 7 inch Android 4.1 (ASUS-NEXUS7-REFURB) - dabs.com *Edit* Just noticed it's a refurb. But if it's only for Dev stuff ?
  21. Does it happen if she logs into another machine ?
  22. pooley

    Bett 2014

    Me the head, ICT coordinator and the sen teacher are down Friday and Saturday. My birthday Saturday so a few drinkies Friday night me thinks. Anywhere good/cheap to drink within wandering distance of the tower hotel(guoman)?
  23. I have a few of these, Wifi drops out regularly, not off in Bios just decides to stop connecting. Still not got to the bottom of it yet, have wiped them, updated/downgraded drivers, different, SSID, networth auth, no auth and all the same. Gave up and hard wired them for now. Back to Tosh or HP for me.
  24. Sky router 2011 iMac running plex media server Set of 4 500mbps home hubs 1 x WD live box 2tb 1 x apple TV 2 1 x roku 3 box 1 x iPad 2 1 x iPad air 1 x nexus 7 (2013) 1 x nexus 4 1 x iPhone 5c 1 x sky box
  25. I have tried Plex and Xbmc over the years and have settled on Plex, stable and simple to use.
×
×
  • Create New...