Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. I'll be there playing, I mean helping to demo the VR stuff on the Avantis stand.
  2. geostorm - yes it's as bad as the title imples
  3. So we can retain photo's of children as long as we have permission from parent/guardian? Photo's in our case would be used for Inspection purposes re: evidence of doing activities. But should parent or child (+13) request that we delete ALL their data, we need to be able to identify what photos they are in? As jmac implied, Facebook FTW
  4. RAAAAAAAAAAA DN bloooooooomin SSSS Added a CNAME pointing to external fqdn as appoosed to A record pointing to IP and it works. (I thought I'd done that already, probably did and then removed/changed it) Wood / trees. Thanks for all the help guys. Been at this since yesterday, always trus your instincts, if it's MS based and doesnt work it's a dns issue
  5. Yep can launch remote apps from within the school network, get a few auth windows but it was the 1st time.
  6. Yes they all show as trusted, so not cert issue then.
  7. I have certs for the external remote... domain, should I have one for my internal rdserver .internal ? self signed obviously.
  8. Thanks mate, all certs are signed and trusted, looking again at what i've entered where.
  9. Yep, so internal DNS record rdserver.local.bla - remote.externaldomain.com
  10. @Steve21 Yes I have a DNS record internally @alfatec Yes to bypass gateway , just looking at SSL bridging now
  11. Ahh good shout, and no it's not happpy with any apps. Keeps popping up a connection window, I press connect and it says cannot find computer. It looks llike it's trying to resolve my internal server fqdn as an external url ? So DNS?
  12. Hi Steve, cheers for that but it still gves the gateway error. Just to be clear, I am trying to access the server from outside of the school network, I can log into rdweb fine, it's just the link from rdweb to my rdp server (same server) doesn't work.
  13. I have a NAT from external IP to Internal Ip which has always worked when we had straight RDP access.
  14. Yep makes sense, but I stil can't connect, 3389 is obviously available internally. I'm now getting "remote gateway server is temporarily unavailable" When I try and connect it's showing as it connecting to Remote computer : rdsserver.blabla.internal Gateway server : remote.externaldomain.com Which looks correct.
  15. Ok long story short, LA have decided we can no longer have port 3389 open to the www but are happy to have 443 open. So i'm moving from a std RDS setup to using RDweb. Single server setup, all roles on one server. All certs are installed and I can connect to my RDWeb fine. From within there I want the staff to be able to click on the RDP icon and connect to the RDS sever. when I click on the RDP icon or go to "connect to a remote pc" and enter the RDS computer name it opens an RDP window and tries to connect over 3389. What am I missing? Been at this all morning and can no longer see thee wood for the trees!! Cheers Si
  16. Not clear, they say they have been contacted by a 3rd party (police??) and our LA ip addresses are being targeted, specifically RDP ports. I've enabled Web Access and they don't seem bothered, maybe as they can't brute force it ? Si
  17. Thanks guys, hopefully web access over 443 will appease the LA. VPN is plan b
  18. Our LA are looking to block access to RDP for external users, they are being proactive (their words) in the fight against Ransomeware. So what are people using for remote access, I'm not going back to issuing USB devices to staff. Looking at GAPS we have unlimited storage; so I could possibly upload my entire network drive up there, but then I'd have to ensure it was synced etc. Any tips/ideas/advice? Cheers Si
  19. 7lb gain over the Christmas period, not bad considering what I've consumed. Have managed to maintain my running so that's helped. Got to be good now though, got half marathon in 6 weeks and full marathon in 16 weeks, will be easier to run if I'm not 15st+
  20. Starwars Ep 8 Enjoyed it
  21. I'm going to target 1000 miles running next year. Managed 400km this year but only started running in June. Now addicted so hopefully I can pull off the 1000 miles
  22. They do have their own passwords, complexity is off, so some kids choose a 3 or 4 letter password, some (girls mainly??) chose to type a sentence to log in. Either way I probably get a few reset requests at the beginning of each term, but apart from that they are pretty good at remembering. I think it's down to the fact most of the kids have an online presence these days and get used to having to use/remember passwords.
  23. Year 3-6 have their own logins here (Year 3 + 4 having a generic password) Nursery to Y2 have a yeargroup login.
  24. Reboot sims server, or restart services on the server
  25. Anyone got a solution, neither updates installed, still not working.
×
×
  • Create New...