Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

pooley

Members
  • Posts

    1,832
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by pooley

  1. Caught up with last week's episode. I really didn't care if she survived the dunking or not. I'm not sure we needed the "if I was a man it would be different" dialogue, femanist agenda creeping in or just lazy writing. And as for the queen tree who looked half teddy bear. Rubbish all around
  2. The Predator 2018 - very enjoyable, not going to win any awards but gory enough and plenty of action to keep me entertained.
  3. As yet I haven't been given the device to play with, no thought has gone into what amazon account will be used to secure it and I have no idea what the teacher intends to use it for. Cortana is a good shout, I shall endeavour to find out what they are trying to achieve.
  4. I've been asked by a teacher if I can setup an Amazon echo device in the classroom. I haven't had time to try yet but looking online it Amazon says it doesn't support enterprise networks? I know there's a load of ports to open on the firewall but has anyone had any success yet in getting one running ? Any caveats ? Si
  5. I need a shed, big & plastic lol
  6. Even my 11 year old is bored with the new Dr. I don't want history lessons or to be given a moral tale. I just want to be entertained. Surely someone who's 900+ years old should be a little more composed too!
  7. New Year special instead, they seem of of run out of Christmassy ideas
  8. Didn't really like the tone of the Rosa Parks episode, don't need to be taught right from wrong, just want to be entertained. Although my 11 year old said he really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the spider one ...
  9. I have been asked to tidy up a couple of our tracking sheets and include a formula that compares a childs chronological age at a date of test to their reading/spelling age. Should be simple enough using the =dateif function but the staff have entered the spelling/reading age in the format 08:10 (8years 10 months) and I cannot get excel to recognize that format as a date format and nor can I find a way to change it without manually typing over it. Any suggestions on how to change 08:10 to 8y 10m or even convert it to total months (106) Thanks Si
  10. I'm not sure why she needs 3 companions ?
  11. The Meg, you've seen Jaws? Meg is a poorer modern recreation.
  12. Was not WOWED by the episode, but she's got potential and she's not Capaldi so she has that going for her too. Hopefully she's a grower and will develop into the role.
  13. Following, we were just about to buy this over Edulink. May rethink
  14. I did Newport too, my first. I agree, cold weather is better for running!!!
  15. Good luck, the heat has paid almost as much havoc with my marathon training as the snow did in February. Enjoy Sunday
  16. Long Course Marathon in Tenby. Hoping for a drop in temperature.
  17. Keep at it, I started 0-5 in June last year, am now totally addicted to running and am doing my 2nd Marathon on Sunday. Not bad for a 43yr old fatty
  18. This all comes from the HT who doesn't sleep a lot and send emails at 4,5,6 am now worrying this is detrimental to staff. Who knew? lol
  19. OK thanks guys and gals, have advised the HT that this is a WET issue and not a technical one and to advise staff accordingly.
  20. That's what I said, but teachers are hopeless.
  21. The HT has been on a course about staff well-being. One of the things she's brought back is a request to set work hours for emails. She still wan't email to work if the staff member wants to use it, but she doesn't want notifications to sound on devices (mainly mobile devices). Has anyone implemented this or something similar? Our emails are all O365. Cheers Si
  22. Just watching "Happy" on Netflix, loving it. Ex-cop and now-hitman Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni) accidentally uncovers a secret about the Scaramucci crime family led by Mr. Blue (Ritchie Coster) and nearly pays for the discovery with his own life. Upon waking up at the hospital after getting shot, Nick finds that he can now see a blue unicorn who calls himself Happy (Patton Oswalt). Happy explains that he's the imaginary friend of Nick's estranged daughter Hailey (Bryce Lorenzo) and that Nick must rescue her from a Very Bad Santa (Joseph D. Reitman). With Happy's help, Nick hunts down Very Bad Santa and, at the same time, tries to get ahead of Mr. Blue and his men to save his own skin. "Happy!" also stars Lili Mirojnick as Det. Merry McCarthy, Medina Senghore as Amanda Hansen, and Patrick Fischler as Smoothie.
  23. Keyboard. The more you take the more you leave behind. What am I?
  24. Read the new Raymond E Feist book, King of Ashes, enjoyed, looking forward to the next.
  25. Series one of Westworld was good, Series 2 has left me cold.
×
×
  • Create New...