caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
We use the wan port to another public IP, you need to setup a policy based route that sends the traffic from the vlan to the SBB gateway e.g. VLAN75 - > netsweeper bypassing the usg WAN https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005460813-UniFi-USG-Advanced-Policy-Based-Routing- It's normally used to use both WAN ports to two public IPs and route traffic accordingly (eg main lan out of one wan port all other traffic out of the other) unfortunately you need to do this in the CLI and mess about with some json file to make it permanent (I wish unifi would expose this in the interface...) Looks like this in the cli :- configure set firewall source-validation disable set protocols static table 5 route 0.0.0.0/0 next-hop 192.168.5.252 set firewall modify LOAD_BALANCE rule 2500 description "Traffic from Vlan 50 to Netsweeper" set firewall modify LOAD_BALANCE rule 2500 action modify set firewall modify LOAD_BALANCE rule 2500 modify table 5 set firewall modify LOAD_BALANCE rule 2500 source address 172.16.0.0/22 set firewall modify LOAD_BALANCE rule 2500 protocol all set interfaces ethernet eth0 vif 50 firewall in modify LOAD_BALANCE commit exit clear connection-tracking This routes all traffic from vlan 50 to netsweeper
-
I use NPS, and a dhcp relay to a windows server on a USG Pro. What you need to remember is the USG is a router and by default it wants to route traffic out of it's WAN, so you need to set up policy based routing for the VLANS to go to the netsweeper gateway instead. I don't think the USG radius can integrate with AD but I could be wrong. The problem I'm having at the moment is that I have to have the DHCP server gateway set to the USG IP else the DHCP relay breaks - I don't know what happens upstream with the SBB equipment or whether it's something they can fix. I plan on using the USG DHCP server to alleviate that issue soon (The DHCP Server is on the DC and if I use the USG Gateway user sync on netsweeper breaks) What really needs to happen is Unifi bring out a proper layer 3 switch!
-
Or change the way we work e.g. more people working from home - do all jobs really need a central place of work ?
-
Look up XIBO as it's one of the more popular ones, other options include chromebits etc.
-
Here's the version I have in production - it's been running without any issues for 18 months. I didn't go with barcode scanning or card scanning in the end. Visitors just have a 5 digit code they sign out with http://82.19.3.3:9000/SignInV2.zip I use 15" asus touchscreens, Intel compute sticks and a brother label printer so the hardware cost is really low Hopefully it's useful for someone or at least a start Sorry about the rubbish code in advance
-
Do you have a spam policy in place on the gmail service ? (Apps - G Suite - Settings for Gmail - Advanced settings) I usually find the quarantine gives a reason. Have you had any IP's changed recently ? E.g. SMTP relay allowed IPs
-
Same here, usually with an email address associated with the department (e.g. admin@ ) Also makes it easier when people leave the school too.
- 4 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- collaboration
- gsuite
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Student changed keyboard layout on Chromebook 3180
caffrey replied to ronnoco's topic in Cloud Services
No probs, and it's not Steve (that's a running joke at the moment ) -
Student changed keyboard layout on Chromebook 3180
caffrey replied to ronnoco's topic in Cloud Services
Usually managed through the Gsuite console, Keyboard settings can be changed from the tray in the bottom right normally (Where the clock is etc.) -
IIRC Capita use the Google Authenticator
-
Capita has given away a free email marketing list
- 58 replies
-
- 16
-
-
Just in time for BETT
-
Someone pressed the do not use button
-
[1903, au] Edge (Chromium) Group Policy Settings
caffrey replied to kennysarmy's topic in Windows 10
Default notification setting in Chrome really needs a whitelist as I think it would effect incoming email notifications and calendar notifications ? -
Manage Windows 10 devices through the G Suite Admin console
caffrey replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Cloud Services
Some more info here and how it works http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-10/212826-authenticate-windows-10-devices-gsuite-enterprise.html I'm intruiged also -
How do students submit work? Google Apps, Drive / Classroom etc. Can staff monitor their screens? No What do you do about printing and applications please? Papercut mobility print failing that they can just log onto a desktop in the LRC, apps are up to the user \ teacher Do you do any other “neat tricks” that could enhance T&L please? None, purely for access. One thing to be mindful of is VPN usage and hotspots to bypass any filtering
-
Pretty much the same as BKGarry I find the certificate situation the worst part, especially when students bring all kinds of odd devices - android being the worst. I think BYOD is becoming untenable and I'm actively attempting to move the school to 1:1 Chromebooks
-
Addons = gouging , plus I dislike sites that hide costs
-
Reporting on the majority of solutions is abysmal, the problem with Netsweeper is a lot of things are out of my control that I can't fix
-
SBB Netsweeper over blocking
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
It's impossible to fix, I removed keyword blocking as it was medieval - I don't want to rely on support calls every five mins to get stuff like this fixed, and they take long enough to respond as it is It's hilarious and affecting T&L -
Why on earth does searching for chicken breasts come up as pornography ? Surely there should be some kind of context logic in place ? I removed keyword search blocking as that was stopping everything
-
At the moment I cannot recommend netsweeper, and you would be better off staying onsite
-
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Is it working now ? Wasn't here yesterday but I think my issue is unrelated -
End of the day, I guess it boils down to SLA, time to site etc. but if the machines are down all the time then it's moot
