Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. Having had very little installation instructions, does SBB Netsweeper use a proxy address ? And if so what is it ?
  2. To me, they are all as bad as each other. We are obligated to provide duty of care so we have little choice. I would avoid cloud, from personal experience if there is a problem with the setup you will end up relying on the companies support at least on site you can attempt to fix it yourself.
  3. Nope, they don't well I haven't ran into any issues
  4. Hrrm that link is 404 now...
  5. Good to know, we have the same and it's been fine for 2 years
  6. VIA update task sequence ?
  7. I haven't even got started as we ran into issues with Radius
  8. Is that the newer one where you have to rename all the security groups in AD with SBB at the start ?
  9. Update isn't out yet, but you can always get the latest using http://paxton.info/1438
  10. Yep I found that out, and reported it to Paxton the week before I needed to batch print cards I had to manually do them all in card designer Mine actually crashes the card print.exe
  11. SamCrac https://www.youtube.com/user/Samcrac/videos Project Binky https://www.youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport/videos Tavarish https://www.youtube.com/user/tavarish/videos Various DIY channels Nukes Top 5 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBnbnH7DGXT9yBBVFbZeIwQ/videos Crosstalk Solutions for Unifi stuff https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVS6ejD9NLZvjsvhcbiDzjw/videos Willie Howe for unifi too https://www.youtube.com/user/williehowe/videos To name but a few
  12. Well done, Took about 15mins to get my floor up - mind you...
  13. Don't put the latest version on (Net2V60183194827) , for me it broke card printing...
  14. If the floor is coming up, expect extra cost - if it's as damp as you say and there is inadequate ventilation there will be a good chance the joists will be rotten and maybe even tank the oversite / damproof course in the walls. Also while it's all up put insulation under the new floorboards (Celotex , kingspan) at half height of the joists It's not unrealistic just expect extra costs
  15. Getting about 13.9 MB/s on both but this is a 1:1 leased line on Virgin through SBB
  16. Figured out how to do this, Basically create identical network policies for each one of your filtering groups ~(staff, pupils etc.), change the windows group to match in conditions, then add a standard radius attribute - add class and give it the OU name as the attribute value Seems to pass the value ok in accounting, whether it actually works in practice is another matter
  17. Something a bit newer
  18. I'd like to buy some laptops but noone is answering PMs or emails...
  19. It excludes the OU and the users inside, which I think is what the OP wanted ? (exclusion rules)
  20. Thanks for this, failing for me too - thought I was losing it
  21. You can under Org Units You need the full DistinguishedName for the OU - Exclude type ORGUNIT_DN and EXACT Match
  22. Just checked on the switches, about 4-5w per unifi AC-PRO and 2-3w per voip phone. I have 250w unifi switches with no issues
  23. Unifi AP-AC-Pro running 4.0.21.9965
  24. Have they not even asked you for a cable drop to the Paxton units ? Also there is no option in the configuration software to give the controllers an IPV6 address (Just checked)
  25. I think it does now, taken from my NPS accounting 172.16.0.21 Which is the IP address of the device a client has
×
×
  • Create New...