caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
You do with the original installation media, well I did
-
Nope , it didn't prompt for anything - I'd bought a v5 pro disk that comes with a key but it also needs an installer key which I didn't have, so I got in touch with Paxton and they gave me a generic installer key - I've since upgraded to v6 without issue
-
I upgraded from V5 pro to V6 with no issues, not tried the key with V6 but I'd assume it would be fine. I had to ask Paxton for a generic installer key to make it work
-
I'm attempting to set up Radius for Netsweeper, the NPS server is configured and working fine however Netsweeper needs :- Class – This must contain the filtering group which the respective users should be placed in. User-Name – User name of the client that is connecting Framed-IP – The internal IP address of the client should be here Username and Framed-IP are okay but can I log the Class attribute with NPS ? Or am I better off attempting FreeRadius?
-
Always solid, stranded for patch cables
-
I'm confused too, I don't really get involved with the SIMS stuff here, or admissions But I think Admissions use the Roll number here for new starts which in turn becomes the exam number, I'm using initials and roll number now for AD student accounts e.g. AB1234 SIMS Independent edition if there's any difference
-
Ahh upto, I stuck with cat5e as I wired it years ago
-
I found that thanks, but here that number is different to the Roll Number, the roll number is usually the same as the Exam number but Exams number isn't always populated
-
Sorry if it's a silly question but I don't really use the MIS unless I can help it and our Exam \ Data Officer doesn't work the summer But can I add Roll Number to the general student list ? - It doesn't appear to be available for a column anywhere - just exam number (which is the same usually)
-
I use 5e at home, 5e can do 10GbaseT over 45m I believe. I'd stick with 5e if it's free else go with cat 6
-
[sims] Sims Finance and Remittance emails sending problem
caffrey replied to browolf's topic in MIS Systems
Not sure about office 365 but with Gapps I had to add the public IP to the SMTP relay service in the admin interface -
BTLS Moving to Netsweeper from Lightspeed
caffrey replied to Joanne's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Is anyone using Radius instead of the captive portal ? -
[1809, ou] Windows 10 Desktop Background Colour GPO
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Windows 10
I'll give it a go thanks, I was considering that just seemed a bit ott -
Anyone ever get this working ? We have a small logo which we centre in the desktop due to odd monitor sizes and normally set the background solid colour to match, it was always a bit iffy on windows 7 but it worked (Used a custom ADM template and required a few logons) But this isn't working on Windows 10 for some reason - just tried the registry way and that doesn't work either Does anyone else do this ? Had a quick look on the Googles but no answers - this is the closest I found and they gave up on it https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1657189-windows-10-desktop-background-colour-gpo
-
I think I forgot about it And got away with it - it was a year ago )
-
The cameras have RTSP streams so yes a webpage shouldn't be an issue, I used to run a Raspberry Pi as a monitor for one camera. You can also limit access to certain cameras per user and put the unifi App on an iPad and use that too
-
School's Broadband / Netsweeper slow performance?
caffrey replied to MrWu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
And 9 times out of 10 it is... -
School's Broadband / Netsweeper slow performance?
caffrey replied to MrWu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
If the internet is fine without then surely it's the proxy, -
Weird why Google would release that under steam
-
Building-Room-Number here Although I'm prestaging for Windows 10 rollout in summer and thinking of something new
-
BTLS Moving to Netsweeper from Lightspeed
caffrey replied to Joanne's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'm currently attempting to get radius working with Netsweeper, however with the appliance being hosted makes it incredibly difficult to troubleshoot - I don't have access to logs etc. Netsweeper needs class, username and framedIP from the accounting and correct me if I'm wrong but NPS doesn't give out class. You can set Netsweeper up to not need it but being hosted makes this difficult
