caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Looks like someones shoe
-
If you are using SIMS, they recommend 1280x720 (1280x1024 or higher for optimum experience). I plan on replacing monitors soon
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Luckily they are quite understanding here, but I don't like T&L being disrupted and it's frustrating for me not being able to fix anything myself. With the previous solution we used I could fix things in minutes -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I got blamed for a lot of things which turned out to be SBB, wasted a huge amount of time on them too Got another one now which I've just about given up on, support isn't the quickest Sorry if I'm whinging but I don't really have another soundboard -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Depends if you're not getting anywhere with their support -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I've never been so frustrated with a product, I would never recommend it - if I could dump it I would -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Working again now with no intervention on my part... I know when it starts working as I start getting gmail notifications on my phone...... -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yes it was Chromebooks I had issue with, logic implies adding sites to a local list would take precident over any internal hidden lists - seems like a bit of a gamble *edit* yep, Having issues with Chromebooks again - just randomly stopped working. Really frustrating -
I'm guessing so, we don't use that field - worth a test anyway - it could make you a member of that mailing list but I'm not 100% sure
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
That's the thing, I've got the URLs in a url\keyword local list for that policy group. *edit* and without me doing anything it just started working, it's random to when it's applied or not -
ManagedBy is a AD Attribute, I'm guessing you can add that in the mailing list properties - We don't have a default manager as we only use groups for mailing list purposes
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
This is what I mean, I'm testing chromebooks and netsweeper is blocking a URL that is in the allow list (Stopping accounts logging in), at some random point during the day it'll start working Is this just me not knowing what I'm doing ? In my eyes from this, google.com is denied yet is in the allow list for the pupil web filtering policy -
-
I have managedBy in there
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I regret moving from on Prem now too, all problems are out of my hands now and it can get embarrasing -
There's also SilentInstalledAppsEnabled, PreInstalledAppsEnabled, OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled and SystemPaneSuggestionsEnabled I have these reg keys added with a script I use on the WIM
-
Should be yes
-
Do you apply the reg key \ gpo , DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures ?
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just had a ERROR : Policy server connection failure for about 10 mins at the worst possible time.... seems to be working again for now I think it's broken policys for me, I have sites in a policy that are blocked, the sites in question were working before this problem , the site is listed in the local list for that policy Getting a bit fed up of this EDIT, and now the interface is running like Molasses -
I thought it was just me, but getting the same. Not had many reports but I don't think many staff use it... I wonder if it's to do with the DLL not getting updated but haven't checked that far
-
Angel has Fallen Lets put lots of tropes in a bag and pull a few out and see what we come up with, cookie cutter action film and Butler is looking old
-
That's the problem, we have to wait til next year while the whole internet is talking about it - no wonder taking to the high seas is an option
-
Not sure what's happened but it's just started happening on a few PC's and seems to be related to one cab. I'll try your suggestion and I've also added delayed auto start via a reg key and gpo to see if it clears up
-
Anyone had issues with Network Location Awareness ? Where it changes the network type to private instead of domain ? Had a few issues of it lately (firewall) and was looking for the best way to fix it. I read that setting the service to automatic (delayed start) can fix it which would mean pushing out a reg key
-
Got it in the end, Had to do a file exclusion rule which for some reason I couldn't get working with environment variables but I'll experiment with that later I had to put the full path to the file e.g. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\IndRepBaseTemplate.dot - means I'll need to do an exclusion for each user but we only really have one person on site who does the individual reports so that'll do for now
