caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Old acer revo 70s here - usually just thrown in to the roof space, we have one nuc but that has dual HDMI to run two seperate displays
-
Same, we have a mix of Konica and Samsung, the Samsungs are starting to show their age (And HP bought them out) The Konica machines are pretty reliable but old but reading comments here - especially the i series they've gone downhill. From meeting with companies one thing that was common is that there is no money in the copying game anymore (tell that to schools...) and most of them are now diversifying in trying to sell services - e.g Konica want to sell remote manage services like Papercut
-
Not hearing good things here about Kyocera here, and yes at the moment they are the lowest tender
-
Just noticed that xibo now has a linux client, so no excuse for displays to be on 7 anymore
-
Well that's it, Only got a few windows 7 devices left and they are just running the displays so I'm not bothered about those
-
Which models were those ? We've been quoted for the Konica Bizhub C759 and Bizhub C300i All this info is great everyone, but makes the choice harder as they all appear to be a bit rubbish!
-
Thanks all, just what I need I was quoted for :- Konica Bizhub C759 and Bizhub C300i Toshiba ES7515AC and ES3015AC Kyocera 8052ci and 3253ci XEROX altalinks and versalinks Interesting to hear about the Kyoceras, especially with them having the keypoint award for reliability (https://ca.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com/content/dam/kdc/kdag/downloads/marketing/certificates-awards/product/kyoceradocumentsolutions/ca/en/KYOCERA%20Buyers%20Lab%20(BLI)%20award%20for%20Most%20Reliable%20Colour%20MFP%20Brand.pdf)
-
Currently tendered to a few MFD suppliers and have narrowed it down to 4 makes Toshiba, Kyocera, Xerox and Konica Minolta Personally I like Konica, as we have a few of those in our current fleet plus the new ones would be one single driver Anyone have any experience they'd like to share ?
-
is it Possible to open a paxton door via a windows shortcut?
caffrey replied to Jaan's topic in Physical Security
Just noticed that you need to request access, didn't have to before. I wonder if it's been updated Just found this thread I started http://www.edugeek.net/forums/coding/198792-paxton-door-button-code.html Link still works to that version anyway -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We tried both and it worked fine unfiltered and firewall open on that one IP, I know the play store needs a specific port open (5228 iirc) -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Like you, sometimes - weird thing is I thought it was to do with a policy we have that only allows youtube during the school day, the play store seems to work fine outside of that Not sure at all what's going on, it's a bit frustrating -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I was on the phone for an hour today trying to get it sorted but didn't really get anywhere. The only way it worked was not to apply any filtering or firewall to the ip of the device which is far from ideal - it's something to do with ports maybe?, I don't fully understand how the stack works at SBB. Annoying thing is if I was still on Smoothwall - I could've fixed this in 10 mins max......... -
is it Possible to open a paxton door via a windows shortcut?
caffrey replied to Jaan's topic in Physical Security
As above, I wrote one in VB - it's literally a couple of lines of code with the SDK -
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Is there a problem with SBB at the moment especially with support ? I get no acknowledgement when I send in a support email - I've been trying to get the play store on chromebooks working since November... -
What's the oldest bit of kit you still have running?
caffrey replied to PrimaryTech's topic in General Chat
We still have a set of Sony VAIO PCG-9G5M from before my time here, I think 2002 maybe ? They are still being used in exams with examwritepad on them.... Makes me cringe -
Upgrading Paxton net2 lite to Pro - in place upgrade?
caffrey replied to iSteve's topic in Physical Security
I didn't have any issues, but when I upgraded I needed a generic installer key as we weren't a regular installer- 1 reply
-
- access control
- net2
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Barclays.net which our school uses still requires IE11
-
BYOD here because the school couldn't afford to do 1:1, I'm trying to shift focus to 1:1 chromebooks BYOD android is impossible to support especially with MITM, it just doesn't like it
-
I just discovered this too, wonder why they didn't do apps per device - but they were probably thinking about 1:1 rather than class sets
-
If you have NG apparently you can get a discount if you are going to MF - well that's what konica told me so is it something to do with that ?
-
Should be C:\Program Files\PaperCut NG\server\application.license
-
There's also hotspots to consider too, data on phones is cheap now
-
Maybe not much help but if the box is an unknown quantity and undocumented - if you are running VMs, just spin up a quick windows smtp server - doesn't take a lot of time. This is how I route a lot of email from legacy devices to gmail
- 8 replies
-
- photocopier
- smtp
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
@fiza we didn't do anything in the end - I've a sneaky feeling they we're just ignoring the phone....
