caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Is anyone even considering that IT staff are vulnerable too ? Mentally and Physically ? -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
We just had a brief too Interesting times -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I've said I'm quite happy to go in, usually during the holidays I'm pretty isolated anyway -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Turns out our creaky old accounting package that runs slow in school, runs really poorly over VPN during the school day - who would have thought.... The 8 year old laptop I had to borrow for them probably isn't helping either -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I know Virgin used to, wonder if there is a list anywhere of ISPs and what they allow saves us getting the grief for a problem that isn't ours I -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Is this an impending announcement for all schools ? -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Same - I'm being hassled all morning about missing drive letters etc. Maybe this a wake up call to move things from the domain finally - Ideally for staff I want them to have chromebooks too late now though -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Live logs look like they are working, but are on demand reports ? -
Staff, we don't allow photos to be taken on personal devices so I assume this would apply
- 43 replies
-
They also should not be allowed to use personal devices to do this
- 43 replies
-
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Update from SBB on it it seems -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Wondered what was going on... -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Are everyones logs an hour behind or is it just me ? -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Problem with cloud is that you are totally reliant on their support, Smoothwalls support wasn't stellar but I never needed it -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
When I had on prem Smoothwall it was down once, and it was down that once due to the accounts dept. forgetting to pay the broadband supplier one month. All I've learnt from this is that cloud based isn't the answer - looks like Smoothwall are going that way too. If I had a network or other issue on my Smoothwall box I could fix it myself in no time, now I need to wait 3 days for support to get a service working. I guess that's just how it is now -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Dave, I appreciate your candour, it's refreshing But we are not fans, we are customers - which is why we are vocal. End of the day it's embarrassing for everyone Fingers crossed it's a better day today -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
And again.... Luckily the kids have just gone home -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yeah it's not nice when I get told that kids can't show their presentations etc.due to lack of internet, I really feel like I've let them down. -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
It's just broke here, yay incoming wave of phone calls - thanks! -
Schools Broadband - Service Credit for Outage
caffrey replied to Wubbalubbadub's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Just had this -
Making sure your NPS policies are correct and in place, e.g I have an policy that only allows members of a certain AD group access - there are a lot of brute force attemps Setting up the server is straightforward though and you only need 1 port forwarding - 1723 if I remember correctly, to it
-
As above, I have a Routing and Remote Access VM set up for this purpose - just be mindful when setting it up
-
Netsweeper - Turning off key word filters
caffrey replied to MrWu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
You can turn it off under system \ advanced but I think you're still at the mercy of SBB (I could be wrong), you can add words to allow yourself though (maybe) I asked the question and got this response Correct me if i'm wrong of course
