caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Takes 2 mins to enrol a chromebook, even easier now there is a dropdown - if you wanted you could get end users to do it. Quickest way for me is to invest in a usb lan adapter, takes longer to get out of the box than to enrol, once your policies are set up etc. it's a doddle
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Pretty much the cherry on top for the week, and still got Friday to pile through -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Our chromebooks got delivered today too, DPD have a new method of delivering with zero contact -
On GAFE, we now use initials and exam \ roll number e.g. js1234@, the surnames are always Uppercase and we replace the user image with a specific image to easily identify students.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Thanks, I've just had a read around - going to have to get some clarity on this, information isn't very well communicated here -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
As far as I'm aware it's timetabled as normal.... Shouldn't be impossible as the cohorts are smallish but for the sake of a few weeks is it worth the work ? Don't get me wrong I feel for the students -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
We're bringing in the entire yr10 and y12 cohort apparently, and ALL the teaching staff in. This has left the issue of teaching at school and still teaching the remaining years. 5 days left to get everything sorted and some decisions were made today and who knows what else the .gov change between then and now Fed up of it all tbh -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I think that's what we may end up doing. Daft idea, but I've suggested clear plastic shower curtains hung from the ceiling grid All of this for 2.5 weeks of year 10 and 12 -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
How are you all dealing with IT suites ? We're looking at partition screens but I've not got the foggiest how that will work or get them ordered delivered and installed by the 15th.... -
Mind you I can't believe I've been given a week to get this sorted Just tried getting directly in touch with lenovo education directly - wow that was painful , ended up putting the phone down
-
Can anyone recommend some Chromebooks and a supplier for me ? Looking for 25 14"
-
Looks like the internal memo finally got around, I spent a while with Google on this
-
Seems that way, I can't find anything official on it but that's what Google support told me
-
I have, in regards to IT - suggested a lot of solutions to issues and applied many just not my own.
- 59 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- coronavirus
- gloves
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Credit where credit is due though, they have done a great job around the rest of the school
- 59 replies
-
- coronavirus
- gloves
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm not sure on the guidance, but bubbles are popped when it comes to IT - no real way round it. If I asked for things I would be sure to get them, but is that my job ? Thrown out of the window anyway as my technician is in and the office is 3x5m distancing is impossible. It's not too bad at the mo as it's only the younger years but probably more concerning when 10+12s come back
- 59 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- coronavirus
- gloves
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
No PPE here, face shields for parent facing staff though No handgel in our office either I'm just following the instructions that we've been given, which is zero E.g kids byod iPads issues etc. I guess it's just down to using common sense
- 59 replies
-
- coronavirus
- gloves
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Been using it for a while, along with ublock origin to tidy the webpages up I use this list too https://raw.githubusercontent.com/COVID-19-CTI-LEAGUE/PUBLIC_RELEASE/master/COVID-19-CTI-LEAGUE-PIHOLE-DOMAIN-BLACKLIST.txt
-
Just noticed a hidden cost when it comes to newer chromebooks especially for classroom connectivity (projectors etc.), they only have USB-C outputs. This would mean buying converters or a USB-C hub \ docking station which would add 20-50 quid per device depending what you want. Not a bad thing as it could solve issues with speakers \ network and sound in the long run e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/FITFORT-DUAL-Display-Aluminum-Ethernet-Compatible/dp/B07MKC5Z1D/ref=psdc_430443031_t3_B07PSM6RQS
-
Part of me wants the government to do a u-turn on the opening and schools open in September instead , but it's not really fair on the kids. Would give us more time
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
https://mobile.twitter.com/scottreuwho/status/1263527772728651776 -
The problem we see happening is that staff will be returning to teach particular year groups but will still have to teach those years that are still learning from home according to timetables while at school. So I've been asked the question about PCs with cameras and microphones etc. Currently pushing for 1:1 chromebooks at the mo. We have a suite of AIOs that I could pull out but they don't want that.
-
Knock on effects of covid are going to be huge - the next few months are going to be brutal I guess
