caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
I have different policies per user AD group which applies a radius class value based on the AD group they are in, I'm thinking (I may be wrong - I usually am ) You would need to create groups to separate VPN users from wifi users
-
What's odd is why is youtube and netflix working... Unless it's the streaming protocol. Shame you haven't got another streaming box to test with to rule out the tv - not got an xbox or similar ?
-
Tried changing the DNS settings on the tv ?
-
The iplayer app seems to cache about 30 seconds of TV when I unplug the lan cable - so could be a cache issue ? Tried a factory reset ? https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Apps-storage-space-issue/m-p/1596765/highlight/true#M36428 Bit of a pain as you would have to set everything back up Edited for wrong URL
-
NP Just tested IPlayer, and that film without issue too This is on LAN also
-
Updated to the latest version (1294.1) and I'm having no issues with ITV Hub (18.0.1) Network is unifi and I have a PiHole blocking all the rubbish that's coming out of the TV - Samsung is one of the worst culprits I now have an issue with no internal storage - but this is a common grievance https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Apps-storage-space-issue/td-p/808085
-
Do you have any usb to lan ethernet adaptors laying around to test with ? Not sure how compatible they are though. I have a samsung tv of similar vintage (NU7400) I can test Just trying now, TV is on old firmware without update so I'll run ITV for a bit then update and see what happens Annoying thing all these damn sign in for all these streaming services....
-
Ikea Markus fits that budget, that's what I have at home. Try not to bother with those gaming chairs, most are rubbish
-
Not sure if this addon is useful for anyone https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-meet-grid-view/bjkegbgpfgpikgkfidhcihhiflbjgfic?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon
-
Yeah, Dave has some nice lenovo T440 , just had a few from him
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
https://twitter.com/Sandford_Police/status/1246125769539162113 -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Somewhere in Birmingham a mobile phone mast was burned down too -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I want to get off the planet after seeing this (Sorry about reddit link - comments may be NSFW) https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ftm3y1/weird_woman_confronts_fibre_workers/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x -
Thanks, Drive Uploader seems easy enough to use
-
I don't entirely know, just that they are confidential We have edulink one
-
Thanks, I'll have a look at that basic version may be enough Was contemplating setting up a temp wordpress VM but it's a fair bit of work
-
No VLE as such, all GSuite We have all contact details, just no secure file upload server Might see if I can set one up
-
Not with a LEA unfortunately
-
I'm looking for a solution to allow parents to upload documents securely to our school and not via email (possible GDPR issues etc.) Google forms has a file upload option but requires everyone to have a google account. We have an onsite wordpress installation - is there anything I can install on that ?
-
Google Meet Netsweeper \ Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
All resolved, thanks Rob -
Isn't it a bit chicken and egg though ? Can't pick up the new policies if they aren't connected to the domain ?
-
By coincidence I'm in a similar dilemma, a user is having issues connecting due to DNS issues I think (error 868) So I've tried to talk them through using IP instead however everything we try is blocked due to no admin access
-
the pbk is stored in %AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections if that helps , could edit it ?
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Has language, but I like this one https://twitter.com/bramble444/status/1243814319558705152
