Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. Just noticed the summer release is out, I didn't even get round to installing the Spring release as it came out a week or so before lockdown - can I just upgrade to Summer and bypass Spring altogether ? Although summer is a bit late with the school breaking up next week....
  2. Long range readers ? No idea how that would work though
  3. Just the report up to now, I can't load that page either (not sure if I'm supposed to be able to) I get a "your internet access is blocked" . My PC is set to bypass netsweeper entirely through a different gateway though.
  4. Anyone getting a 404 on the blockpage ? Or is it just me ? Server Error 404 Web server error '404' encountered when trying to process request to 'http://denied.schoolsbroadband.net/webadmin/deny/defaultblockpage.php? That URL doesn't work either
  5. Hope you have it on a credit card then
  6. Daughter just got hers last week, although the delivery service she was promised was basically two blokes in a van who just dumped it on her. They didn't take the rubbish or assemble it..
  7. Harveys https://www.harveysfurniture.co.uk/ TM Lewin too
  8. Noise cancellation is out https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2020/06/remove-background-noise-google-meet.html Enterprise only
  9. Our last lot took 5 days, This is what the supplier told me
  10. Yes you can, It's a device setting so you need a licence We use radius for wifi and you can set this to auto connect using their login details - this isn't a machine setting so can be done without a licence (I think) Device Management - networks - wifi iirc
  11. Then the creditors don't get paid
  12. Go Outdoors is now saved https://news.sky.com/story/jd-sports-buys-back-go-outdoors-after-pushing-it-into-administration-12013411
  13. Same one everytime a new user logs on - never seen it before
  14. This new (I think) popup has started to appear when logging into a chromebook - I've searched for a way to find out how to disable it to no avail. Anyone else getting it ? I think it started happening with v83
  15. There's another too.. They should roll everything together
  16. It was more of an expectation thing, I'm not sure what support structures are in place at other schools. As far as I can tell it's the same everywhere. I did the original post 2 years ago and it was a follow up due to some recent news.
  17. _Done_ It's interesting you bring this up at this moment in time, maybe I should hit that post button on a post I wrote about welfare...
  18. You can on Chromebooks with a Education licence, but I'm not sure about domain
  19. Might be a good buy for current SAAS providers to get a good user base list in that scenario, then migrate everyone over Just thinking out loud
  20. A what if scenario - what happens if Capita can't sell and end up going the way of Carillion?
  21. One little gotcha, make sure you have plenty of space on your c: drive as it caches to that before syncing, e.g. if you only have 20GB free you can only upload 20GB at a time...
  22. Just use filestream
  23. Use this robocopy "Source" "destination" /S /MAXAGE:730 /COPYALL /R:10 /W:30 /XF "Thumbs.db" I have 730 days there (2 years)
  24. Great, might actually start doing things face to face instead of over the telephone. I've been dealing with some extremely stressful stuff this week and if I hear the words "Sorry this line is a bit crackly isn't it" I'll lose it...
×
×
  • Create New...