Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. Am I supposed to apply G Suite Enterprise for Education (Student) licences to student users ? I can't seem to find anything that explains the difference between a G Suite Enterprise for Education licence and a G Suite Enterprise for Education (Student) licence Edit Found this out, - Enterprise for Education for Students do not have recording ability in Google Meet, whereas the regular Enterprise does - E4E for Students is limited to 3 originality reports in Google Classroom whereas regular Enterprise is unlimited Is anyone applying the licences to students ?
  2. Meh, why are these events always on at hometime...
  3. Finally triaged this, I think it was to do with my recent WSUS issues, Under Software\Policies\Microsoft\System\Internet Communication Management I enabled Restrict Internet communication not realising that it disables everything under Software\Policies\Microsoft\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet Communication Settings. Under Software\Policies\Microsoft\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet Communication Settings, there where two items disabled that caused things to break I think :- Software\Policies\Microsoft\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet Communication Settings\Turn off Automatic Root Certificate Update Software\Policies\Microsoft\System\Internet Communication Management\Internet Communication Settings\Turn off Windows Network Connectivity Status Indicator active tests Enabling those seems to have fixed things.
  4. Resetera (There's a hidden room in the basement with a full size room bath...)
  5. Fixed it, I've no idea why it's working now, but looks like the process order for the Machine GPO's and the update sequence Thought it might be GPO so - by process of elimination I dropped the offending PC into a No Policy Machine OU and gpupdated, - internet starts working Take said PC out of OU and put it back into the original OU and gpupdated- it's still working What on earth that was I've no idea It's never ever been a problem before - must be some PC's just don't process the GPO's correctly after the MDT Upgrade Task Sequence ?
  6. Certificate is installed, it's weird as I've just flattened the PC and put 1809 back on and it's still not working... PC next door works fine
  7. I've upgraded our PC's to 1909 from 1809 and now I'm getting the old no internet icon even though we have internet - this worked before. It's not filtering as I can ping and I've tried settings under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet Also some PC's can't access the internet with a NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID using chrome We use netsweeper and again it worked beforehand Seems to be happening to random PCs too majority are fine - just means I'm going to have to go round and check them all Oh windows 10 - why
  8. Talking of unusual, take the 3d walkthrough of this place
  9. GU10 fly lead work ?
  10. Oh, seeing the title I thought this was a documentary about the phone hacking scandal...
  11. Not much help Unifi here, I use the guest portal with tokens and a pihole for basic filtering
  12. Saw no mention, Anyone running it yet ? Anything new ? Any gotchas ? I'm only just rolling out 1909 over the site this week
  13. Am I missing something or does the Google FS link in the startmenu do the same thing ? I guess that updates itself when the app does ?
  14. Not sure if this is of any use to anyone but just had this sent via email from Google https://events.withgoogle.com/distance-learning-webinar-series/hybrid-learning-webinars/#content
  15. I'm just electing to leave my glasses off for now
  16. I usually just end up taking my glasses off and watching the world in low resolution
  17. So it's been deemed we have to wear masks in corridors and communal areas in the school now where as before it wasn't mandatory. It's a pain for me as I'm a glasses wearer and no matter what I've tried I just can't wear them with a mask
  18. I tend to leave 13s to half term What do you all do about mailboxes and work ? With mailboxes the account is suspended under GMail, with their work I tend to archive it onto an external HD
  19. Any reason for the 10 ? You need a $pager.length -eq 10 somewhere maybe like this (On my code) - need to adapt to yours $names = Import-Csv C:\pagerps1\Pager.csv ForEach ($Name in $Names) { $FirstFilter = $Name.givenname $SecondFilter = $Name.sn $pager=$name.Pager if ($pager.length -eq 10) { $found= Get-ADUser -Filter "GivenName -eq '$FirstFilter' -and Surname -eq '$SecondFilter'" if($found){ $found|Set-ADUser -Replace @{pager = $pager} -Verbose } else { New-Object PSObject -Property @{ GivenName = $FirstFilter Surname = $SecondFilter Status = 'MISSING ACCOUNT' } } } else { New-Object PSObject -Property @{ GivenName = $FirstFilter Surname = $SecondFilter Status = 'SHORT CARD NUMBER' } } }
  20. Yes it can, My work process is this :- I print all cards from paxton for the year group I have a master spreadsheet that does all the conversions for me which I scan the cards into using a desktop reader I then export all users from Paxton, then modify that sheet with the card numbers from my master sheet then reimport Then from the master spreadsheet I import into AD Papercut then syncs with AD It's a painful process but I haven't found an easier way to do it yet (I have a few ideas) I have also missed the step how I get users into paxton, but I salamander is being used for that purpose here
  21. Yes you can export from papercut, then just a simple powershell script to import them into AD like this :- $names = Import-Csv C:\pagerps1\Pager.csv ForEach ($Name in $Names) { $FirstFilter = $Name.givenname $SecondFilter = $Name.sn $pager=$name.Pager $found= Get-ADUser -Filter "GivenName -eq '$FirstFilter' -and Surname -eq '$SecondFilter'" if($found){ $found|Set-ADUser -Replace @{pager = $pager} -Verbose } else { New-Object PSObject -Property @{ GivenName = $FirstFilter Surname = $SecondFilter Status = 'MISSING ACCOUNT' } } } csv file contains givenName,sn,Pager as headers Importing into paxton is
  22. Reminds me, I've still not got the new UPS installed, it's a job for half term. Saying that the old one has sprung back to life...
  23. So we finally got our licences (took 9 days), and I've got to say I much prefer Googles way of assigning licences over the Microsoft model. So which features that I've missed should I be looking at straightaway ? First thing will be the gmail sandbox I think
  24. Tried under settings \ google \ covid 19 exposure notifications \ exposure checks ?
  25. Man goes to a old cabin with his friends, finds an old tape player - then loses all his friends because of it
×
×
  • Create New...