Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. I thought SBB only works with IP address ranges that it's given ? I could be wrong
  2. Think I might go Nest, Tado tech support was a bit rubbish - they couldn't tell me exactly what I needed
  3. Seems like :- Tado is opentherm and has TRVs Hive isn't opentherm and has TRVs Nest is opentherm but doesn't have TRVs Drayton is opentherm and has TRVs Honeywell is opentherm and has TRVs Depends what smart ecosystem you want to buy into
  4. I found some online, cheap too https://www.electricalcounter.co.uk/products/Wiring+Accessories/Ceiling+Accessories/Lamp+Holders/Batten+Holder/White+T2+Screw+E27+Pendant+Lampholder+with+Short+Skirt/4184220298 Hopefully this will just replace the b22 bayonet fitting
  5. One thing I don't understand with these bulbs is that they are all E27, anyone know if you can get pendant converters to convert bayonet to edison ? (and I don't mean adaptors)
  6. Remembrance seemed to go without a hitch.. well apart from all the teachers not reading the email saying the thing wasn't live till a set time, then they sent a flurry of emails beforehand asking for access...
  7. You can do it per OU e.g. gam ou "your OU" update photo "path to your image" Ours is just gam ou "/Student Users/Senior School Users/Y07 users" update photo c:\Shield\bl_shield.png Image is 250x250 pixels
  8. We don't, I use GAM to change their pic to a default one to make it easier to identify them as Students and what year they are in. Keeps it uniform across the site
  9. It's going to be a case of if it works it works. I found with meet live stream it had the username of the person doing the meet on the right hand side instead of full screen video which wasn't ideal - couldn't find an option to remove them Thought about youtube live stream, but you need to be verified for that - so a Drive link it is and instructions for people to press play at a set time...
  10. This has peaked my interest, and quite fancy a Tado system. Any clues on what I need ? I've an Ideal vogue gen 2 boiler which I believe has opentherm, the boiler has a wireless heating controller with it (but it's a bit rubbish)
  11. How is everyone managing Remembrance Day today - virtual ? We've done a pre recorded video with timings, but with streaming it's going to be messy (and destroy the b/w)... should be fun - we couldn't find a happy medium for sharing so just had to share via Google Drive, live streaming was laggy and glitchy
  12. Mifare for paxton \ papercut soon catering maybe I reprint a few a day , my only issues is that lost cards don't get reported. I thought our move to Papercut would've fixed it but no. Nothing identifiable on the cards as it's just their login name (which consists of initials and roll number)
  13. We had similar a while back but they were complaining about ozone emissions from photocopiers...
  14. I have an open support ticket in with Papercut for a very similar issue on our Taskalfas, currently capturing logs - but since upgrading to 20.0.4 it doesn't happen as often (Used to be daily) I noticed when it failed that the NIC activity lights on the copier were dead, unplugging the cable and plugging it back in fixed the issue
  15. I know it's probably to do with current events but why is all this new shiny stuff so hard to buy .....?
  16. Adding a task sequence seems to have done the trick - maybe just a coincidence ? But it's working now Just add a Run Command Line task in the State Restore group with "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate Seems like updating signatures works, I assume this is fixed in 20h2
  17. No, just using Windows Defender and the task sequence is 1:1 the same as the 1809 task sequence I have except for the wim. The wim is just a thin image with appx packages removed so nothing out of the ordinary. Got a few things to try, going to try adding a windows defender update step ("C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate") and try Windows update pre and post application (I normally disable those steps for speed) It's weird, but then again I believe tamper protection was introduced in 1903, we've been running 1809 the past year.
  18. No sure if anyone has come across this before but, I'm using MDT to push out a 1909 Task sequence which is working fine. However Windows defender tamper protection is causing Machine GPO policies to fail. If I disable tamper protection then gpupdate / force then renable tamper protection everything is fine. (I'm guessing it's updating definitions ?) Is there something in the task sequence I should be doing to fix this ?
  19. Thanks for that, just realised how old my version was - updating fixed a few errors I had syncing...
  20. Still using SDCards too, you would think they would drop EMMC onboard for this by now - the compute module has that option.
  21. Just start off with a card and a usb reader and see what it outputs, maybe create a spreadsheet like mine and see if any of the numbers match?
  22. If it's sharing pages, try chrome://flags/#sharing-qr-code-generator - you can do it from the browser
  23. You will probably need to use GAM to list classes https://sites.google.com/jis.edu.bn/gam-commands/services/classroom#h.p_0ixNsD_z7J6f
  24. Well, after speaking with Google it turns out there is no difference The difference is to make it easier to apply licences (paid staff vs free student licences) Oh and if anyone is signing up for enterprise - be careful when putting student numbers down - the 10:1 thing is UPTO 10:1 - so if you have 80 staff you won't automatically get 800 student licences - you'll get whatever you put in your student numbers.
×
×
  • Create New...