caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
It's horrible for everyone, especially this time of year but it's the current zeitgeist. I see large towns shrinking and becoming social areas offering businesses that aren't available online as well as pickup and drop off centres similar to Argos . A town here is thinking ahead https://www.stockton.gov.uk/news/2020/february/plans-unveiled-for-stockton-town-centre-after-massive-response-to-public-consultation/
-
You can reduce the power, although I found Chromebooks really like a good signal - as soon as I put an access point in the classroom it cleared any issues up
-
Unifi, cheap enough to bang one in every room
-
High streets are slowly dying - Seems like Covid was the final nail
-
Thanks for the pointers, I'll have a play and see how I get on - think I've got the gist of it now
-
Hrrm that's not working either - It feels like it should be so easy but it's alluding me
-
Thank you, It's almost there - It's difficult to explain - I'm more of a Database person and this would be easy in a query and a pair of databases The lists contain :- This is a data validation list from column1 sheet 2 And this is a data validation list typed manually As per the above grabs I would like sheet 1 column 3 to equal "1", if I picked value1 then sheet1 column 3 would equal "2"
-
Is this possible in excel ? I'll try to explain it best as I can I have 2 sheets Sheet 1 Which through data validation col1 has a dropdown list of items from sheet 2 col1, col2 is a data validation list with "value1", "value2" in it Sheet 2 What I'm trying to do is get the value from Sheet Two col2 or col3 based on the values from sheet 1 e.g. sheet1 a2 (item3)+ sheet1b2(value1) then sheet1 c2 would be 1 if its sheet1 a2 (item3)+ sheet1b2(value2) then sheet1 c2 would be 3
-
I'd much prefer 1 year contracts, rolling if possible - being stuck with a service you don't like or deteriorates over the years is the worst
-
If anyone is worrying about unifi stability They do have their quirks, I have weird VOIP phone issues now and again also some users have issues with connecting to wifi but I think that's just an IOS thing.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Yay we're tier 3 -
Cheap for storage but it's not NVME
-
Hardware acceleration turned off ?
-
Has anyone come across issues with reports e.g. profile report templates that are running out of %APPDATA%\Local\Temp ? It's trying to run xml macros in there and Windows Defender flags them up and stops them running (Which is good). I have to work around this by adding process exclusions and attack surface reduction rules for each report in gpo Anyway around this ?
-
I've created the print queues with "Follow me Colour" and "Follow me" as names which is working great yet I'm still getting people coming in complaining they can't print colour
-
Where G Suites/Google Workspace is lacking - management tools
caffrey replied to localzuk's topic in Cloud Services
My favourite part about the admin panel is, you just get used to using something and they move the settings somewhere else 3 months later... I think the app management settings have moved 3 times that I know of... -
The hardware launches this year have been fun, twitter is hilarious
-
I have it on at home with no issues, but it's not a complicated setup - at school not yet. Maybe this will help
-
Thanks I'll add that to the whitelist
-
It's not the same and it's not available across the suite (Not in slides) - - - Updated - - - Cheers for this, I'll pass this on
-
I'm trying to get people to move too Google exclusively , but there's always a hurdle... Anyone know of a decent free simple to use equation editor similar to the Microsoft Office one for Google Docs ?
-
Seems a bit of a hack to me, and totally counter intuitive to the end user . Might not totally be a bad thing forcing grey scale though ...
-
I'm wondering if it's to do with our new fleet, using the latest kyocera KX driver. Just seems a bit weird with a week of back and forth communication to come to that conclusion and very early on in the conversation I told them the printer defaults were set to black.
-
Did it work before ? Maybe since some update ? It honestly sounded like the support engineer gave up and just told me to create a colour queue - doesn't smell right to me. It's working perfectly fine on desktops
-
We've had an issue with our new fleet of MFD's and mobility print, in that the device print jobs only print in greyscale regardless if colour is selected or not. After some lengthy support emails \ logs \ troubleshooting it finally turns out it's to do with the Printing defaults on the queue (currently set to black) In the end support just suggested creating a follow me colour queue just for mobility print - is this right ? Anyone else had this issue ?
