caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
I recently shucked a WD mybook with a 8tb harddrive in it and the bridge was removable - but yes not as nice as a proper thing but does in a pinch
-
SBB Netsweeper PDF reports corruption
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Happening again here, -
If you have an old external harddrive , shuck it and use the usb gubbins inside for a free option. I did this with WD drives.
-
Bit of a pain, IOS 14 devices come in and we have to switch of Private Wifi Addresses (It's on by default) to get them on the wifi (Radius based) Devices just say no internet connection otherwise
-
[ms office - 2019] Excel Formatting based on values
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Office Software
Might just change the source database table to match -
[ms office - 2019] Excel Formatting based on values
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Office Software
Not quite what I'm looking for I think. I'd upload an image but image upload is broken Roll No Business Psychology Drama Biology Sport Studies French German English Language English Literature EPQ Economics Mathematics Physics Chemistry Latin Geography History 1111 A* A A And I'd like a sheet of results to show 1111 Biology A* 1111 French A 1111 Chemistry A -
I'm not even sure how to word this, and I'm having issues concentrating today but I have a row like headers Number, col1,col2,col3,col4,col5 150,1,1,1,0,0 And I would like a sheet to take that data and do this :- Number,col1 150,1 150,1 150,1 150,0 150,0 Eg split the columns into separate rows if that makes sense Can't for the life on me work it out today!
-
You get 10 student licences per staff licence, the special offer is 21+vat per FTE, RRP is 48+vat I think our price per seat on Microsoft is roughly £50
-
I've just obtained a quote and passed it to the higher ups to consider, first three years are at the special offer and then I'd imagine it goes up to full price (Gets close to what I'm paying Microsoft..)
-
Bulbs are cheap too, and I'm sure the first one is under warranty - that might've been a while ago though.
-
I honestly didn't know about the 60 min limit being removed. That should be fun tomorrow - some governors are attending meetings via meet and the meetings definitely go over 60 mins... Are you sure that applies to education accounts ? All I'm reading is private accounts?
-
Just noticed that the last few updates on https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/ have been enterprise only. It's starting to smell like all the good new stuff going forward will be going that way, I guess it was only a matter of time
-
You can also get the pxe boot iso from MDT, which can be burnt to cd or usb (not tried usb tbh) - I've used the iso with difficult nics I've gone to thin images now, although I do edit the WIM beforehand to remove unwanted apps, and replace credprovhost.dll.mui with a custom one
-
Every bit helps though especially with site visitors \ contractors etc. There's too much of this exemption thing going on makes it all pointless I've had to update my sign in system for track and trace so we have contact numbers
-
Working here on Android Has anyone done this for the school ? https://www.gov.uk/create-coronavirus-qr-poster
-
GSuite - retrospective sync of user accounts with AD?
caffrey replied to GreyWhirly's topic in Cloud Services
Probably need sso for your first question You can export users from gsuite as a csv, then import into AD I guess, the ad and gsuite accounts are linked via the email address field in AD , preferably you should be looking at google cloud directory sync and just manage your users from AD For classroom it's https://classroom.google.com/a/yourdomain.tld -
SBB Netsweeper PDF reports corruption
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Same here, -
The entire admin interface is terrible, not just the reporting
-
They've just setup a Google meet and each form tutor has joined for assemblies here - worked fine upto now but yes streaming would've been easier. It's quite well hidden under dropdowns though so no wonder I missed it. I'm guessing on the small print here https://services.google.com/fh/files/misc/gsefe_gsfe_comparison_onepager_q220_web.pdf that the student licences won't be able to save recordings either but that's not a problem as we don't allow students to create meets
-
I had this Beginning October 1, 2020, if your domain does not have G SuiteEnterprisefor Education, you will revert back to the standard G Suite for Education Meet capabilities: Meetings up to 100 participants No live streaming Dial-in access to meetings (US only)Closed Captioning, viewer initiated Not quite sure what is meant by no live streaming? Admin panel says "Streamed meetings have a URL that can be sent to others so they can watch the meeting." Isn't that just a meet ? *edit* NM streaming is done through calendar invites? - I very much believe noone uses this here and I didn't even know what it was! It would've come in handy too
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
It's a funny one, we're here to provide IT support and the majority of the time it is hands on and we cannot escape that End of day if we aren't looked after, and one of the team get it then it'll be 2 weeks without IT support -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Is this true ? This was in our briefing yesterday "Government guidelines today state that you are responsible for your own work area and teaching space. " In that case I'm going to lock my door and not visit classrooms... -
I use the paxton card editor if that's any help
-
I'm sure there are people here relying on the meet recordings, it's not entirely going away just more restricted I'm guessing by that page that kids are free (for now) and would just need licencing for staff, now is that all staff or just teaching staff? - I'm not sure how this licencing works
-
Is it worth the shift to enterprise ?
