caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
ANOTHER DfE Laptops "How Do You Do ...It?" Thread (Pain/Sadness)
caffrey replied to JRA's topic in How do you do....it?
Just throwing in Neverware and securly maybe ? -
Wow, been a while I think at the time I put outlook on the data managers PC to initially send out all details, I think they just manually send out new logins as people start but I'm not sure now We still have a smtp relay that sends email via google for old legacy stuff
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I've no issue coming in to school, I've had a few jobs to do today which I couldn't do from home. They are rolling out the lateral flow testing here, I'd much prefer if they just rolled out the vaccine instead -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I'm confused by the guidance in regards to coming in school to work, checking the .gov website it states So it's telling us that all education employees should be going to work ? -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Same here for now -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
So who's in school today ? -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Really getting fed up of this now -
Workstation fails to update to Autumn upgrade - SIMS
caffrey replied to E_G_R2's topic in MIS Systems
I usually uninstall the agent from solus then delete the client, delete the sims folder on the client and re add when I get a sticky one. -
Yep, I never reboot - I daren't !
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
-
Luckily I'm hiding in the ceiling pulling cables...
-
Yep, concrete screws and packers, foam the gap then use upvc plastic fillet trim to cover, then silicone Best bet is just to cut out the channel, but make sure your render is solid else you could run into bigger issues We should have a DIY Sticky for projects etc.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Just had a teacher here who only tested positive because they went for a compulsory test before going away on holiday - no symptoms at all.... -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Ours is okay for now... -
Yeah but then Sibelius...
-
Takes forever, to the point where I'm thinking it would be quicker to just not bother with upgrade sequences. It saves on the re installing of all those random bits of software though...
-
I don't run it as domain admin, just as a user who has access to the MDT$ share - I don't mount any drives at all
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I'd buy that! -
Thanks, that what I'm looking at doing
-
It's just the way I do it, not sure if it's the right way or the best way but it works for me I'm sure there are better ways. It's just a thin image just with appx packages removed For some reason I like to stay a year behind, there's no real benefit in my eyes to the end user what version they are on - we just have to do it now. Logon script is just \\yourmdtserver\MDT$\Scripts\litetouch.vbs /skiptasksequence:yes /tasksequenceid:yourtasksequenceID /UserID:**** /UserPassword:**** Only annoying thing is a UAC prompt
-
How are you managing your licences ? I currently auto assign according to OU in the admin panel which works fine. However when someone leaves and their account gets suspended (And moves to another OU) I have to manually remove the licence. Can gam do this ? I'm just about to start looking into it.
-
I'm not sure I'm doing it the right way, but from 1809 - 1909 I created an update task sequence with a modified WIM. I then have a special account that runs a batch file that runs that task sequence, so I just go round or remote in and log on and wait for a while (takes upto 2 hours...) and they magically update
-
BonMarche now too https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55159180 Going to be a much worse Christmas for some people
