caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Think I've got this where I want it, Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\DriveFS\AutoStartOnLogin to 0 and create a new string value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run pointing to the Drivestream link at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Drive File Stream.lnk
-
I'm testing this now and I have File stream to start on login, however the popup to login doesn't show for newly logged in users until after they have clicked on the Application and signed in. If they sign out of Drive Stream and logoff \ login the popup shows how I would expect it to. Is this normal behaviour and do I have to expect end users to run the app themselves ?
-
Has anyone had any joy at setting the default printer in the admin control panel ? I can set the printer to default to b&w but I'm having issues setting the default printer, the example isn't very clear and I've tried a few permutations
-
Yep , it's a bit suck it and see at the moment. It's a shame I didn't finalise all my room connectivity \ sound standardisation - would've made adding a web cam trivial. We use these where I have the budget https://saharaav.com/connectivity/cable-kits And they have a spare USB port and a 3.5mm jack
-
Thanks, sounds like you are getting things in hand at least, I think I've got a meeting tomorrow to go over this. These are what I mean https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Active-Extension-Cable-Female/dp/B01L81WQ2O/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=usb+repeater+amazon&qid=1602150536&sr=8-7
-
I like the fact it's selling fast
-
Perfect, this is everything I expected and more - excellent writeup thanks. I agree we also run into the end user issues, which will cause a lot more leg work and us breaking bubbles to fix I recently kitted out a room for governors meets using a cheap wide angle webcam and a condenser conference microphone and it went down really well - I'm not sure how well that will translate to a classroom though Re the USB issue did you try usb repeater cables ? EDIT actually thinking out loud, ideally touchscreens in every class and a shared jamboard session would be ideal but very costly
-
If the whole class is yes, but if single students are isolating because of cases at home they will still need a provision.
-
The Chromebooks don't come with the device licence, they are purchased separately
-
Well it's saying that it has to be as close as possible to in school provision (Not sure on the exact changes - they are as clear as mud to actually what has changed) I'm going to suggest webcams and microphones, set the webcam up next to the projector aiming at the whiteboard and setting up a meet etc. It will be as if the student is there and with new meet features like q&a it should work well.
-
Yes, that's my viewpoint too, I've always tended to treat Projectors as consumables rather than an asset
-
I know this is budget permitting but I've a failing bulb in a 7 year old projector so would you :- Replace the bulb for £100 Replace the projector for £300
-
Just stop changing things fullstop, hard enough getting staff onboard as it is without changing everything every five minutes
-
No change here either, just trying to work out from the guidance just what exactly comes into effect on the 22nd
-
Seeing as the guidelines have changed (again) https://www.gov.uk/guidance/remote-education-during-coronavirus-covid-19 How are you provisioning this ?
-
I only upgrade when needed, the old HPs we had needed a bios update to fix pxe boot issues - I think that was the last time
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Apparently it was an XLS file, they've updated the analysis on the bbc https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54422505 -
[ms office - 2019] Excel Formatting based on values
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Office Software
Thanks, I ended up doing it in really hacky way but it worked (Embarrassed to even post how I did it ) -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Because that was probably the reason..... -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I see the numbers went up over the weekend due to some lost data, of course they blamed IT -
Yep, we're okay on that front - it's a heads up as Windows 10 doesn't support domain joins for single label domains out of the box - you need a reg fix for it which is what I do.
-
One thing to take into consideration is that is it a single label domain. I'm not too sure what to do about our very old domain, whether to attempt a rendom or start from scratch
-
Getting started basics of setting up a Chromebook in G Suite
caffrey replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Cloud Services
Google calendar
