Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. Unifi too, although I'm not quite sure about the gen 2 ones yet
  2. Anyone having issues with their email scheduled PDF reports ? - the past two days the PDF is corrupt and cannot be opened
  3. I think I am happy with my 1080ti for now until I get a 4k display - may wait to see if a 3080ti gets released instead
  4. Yep, these just popped up on the feed https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/search/label/Google%20Meet Not sure what a meet would be like with 49 people in it though...
  5. Local paper headline, contradicts itself... "Big drop in new confirmed coronavirus cases on Teesside amid struggles with test shortage" One question, how do you tell the difference between the annual school cold and covid... or is covid the new annual school cold
  6. More new things https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2020/09/meet-participan.html
  7. Wonder if this can be done with a toast notification,
  8. MY EYES!
  9. My 1080ti is still going strong, still get good FPS on quad hd - waiting for reviews on these new ones before I jump
  10. For suspended users I remove them from the global address list too, with :- gam print users query "isSuspended=True" > suspended.csv gam csv suspended.csv gam update user ~primaryEmail gal Off Keeps the GAL clean. Biggest issue for me with suspended accounts was students coming in with the same name as a suspended user, but I've remedied that now with unique usernames
  11. Could get something cheap like a LEPY amp and mount it to the wall ? I use a few here https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEPY-2024A-Plus-Amplifier-Silver/dp/B00SATAEEA 2020s are even cheaper
  12. I've seen those, don't you have to refresh after a short period of time ?
  13. I'm just following the local tinpot rag https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/live-middlesbrough-local-lockdown-coronavirus-18896111 They are not shutting them, just removing bubbles
  14. Starting to become rampant in schools around here...
  15. Testing minetest here, seems to run from a network share but how do I change the save directory ? I would like any saves going to their home drives, had a quick scoot throught the conf file and nothing stood out
  16. Google password only syncs on change - you also need to install it on all DC's. We give students a temporary account password and they change it on first login - this then syncs to their google accounts Unless there is some other way! This is the way we've always done it
  17. Are tripplite or cyberpower any good ? Seems a bit cheap compared to APC and a UPS isn't something to really cheap out on Seeing tripplite for about 900 ish and cyberpower about the same - the APC is about 1700, means I could get two of the other
  18. The UPS is in the main cab, protects the servers etc. I was thinking of a split system now the servers have redundant PSUs, not sure if I should stick with 2 x 3000va or even APC . UPS ideally isn't something to cheap out on, but budgets etc. and it has had a long life so we definitely got our moneys worth!
  19. I think our UPS has finally had it, it's old and the batteries were replaced 5 years ago. Any recommendations for a replacement ? The current one is a APC 3000 (SUA3000RMI2U)
  20. Well I joined NEU, I liked the name - reminds me of a 70s Krautrock band
  21. One of those things I keep forgetting about, with an uncertain future think I'll get signed up. Thanks for the reminder
  22. Similar, Fast.com varies topping out at 850 Internet Speed Test topped out at 930 https://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ about 860 speedtest.net abouyt 950 The speed testers are all over the place as well as ftp speed tests
  23. Paxton is a funny one, I have a spreadsheet like so :- The usb card reader I have reads like so :- 1234567890 So ColA = 1234567890 (read straight from card reader) ColB is big endian so the formula is =DEC2HEX(A1) which gives us 499602D2 ColC is little endian so the formula is =RIGHT(B1,2) & MID(B1,5,2) & MID(B1,3,2) & LEFT(B1,2) which gives us D2029649 ColD is decimal from ColC so the formula is =HEX2DEC(C1) which gives us 3523384905 And ColE is the final paxton and paxton is the last 8 digits for some reason so the formula is =RIGHT(D1,8) which gives us the number to paste into paxton for the token which is = 23384905 The card readers for our papercut is the little endian column I believe so I just use powershell to import that into the pager field in AD I need to get around to automating this at some point! But the spreadsheet works well
×
×
  • Create New...