caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Watching the Fall on netflix as I've never seen it before Just got to season 3 episode 1 and throughout that episode I was bombarded with medical terminology and acronyms - is this what we sound like to non IT people ? Also was Jamie Dornan contractually obliged to get his top off every single episode ?
-
I do an update task sequence in MDT, I then have a login that autoruns the litetouch vbs file with a few command line options so all I need to do is log in and leave. The wim is modified before importing into MDT
-
Suggestions for MAT filtering?
caffrey replied to Shaun_Dark_Lord's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Could it be *cough*net*cough*sweep*cough*er ? -
Same here, I assume it'll be fine - it didn't show the school name
-
Students creating Google Meets even though disabled!
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Cloud Services
It would, but maybe block meets that were created a set date ago ? And if there is any issues remove them from the blocklist -
Students creating Google Meets even though disabled!
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Cloud Services
Thinking out loud is there some way of listing all meets on a domain (I've not looked) ? If so put them in a blocklist on the filter ? -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Distanced! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
First time I've put my foot down today. All the kids in the hall waiting for testing and majority can't get on the wifi - I said we're not helping until they are all tested -
Not sure what the retention is, I can't go far back either
-
Yup, Reports, audit log, admin https://admin.google.com/ac/reporting/audit/admin Ours show there
-
I think it's just down to seeing something you're just not used to seeing - it seems so futuristic . Just needs an epstein drive now
-
Looks like cgi, like something from the expanse
-
Have you gotten rid of IE11 yet?
caffrey replied to Jaan's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yep bank software here, and tponline I believe still needs it -
How to obtain direct connection to Internet?
caffrey replied to SteveB_NI's topic in How do you do....it?
The way I do it here, is have a couple of public IPs and two gateways Gateway 1 is filtered, Gateway 2 is unfiltered (Albiet Pihole DNS) routed on a unifi USG Give a pc a static IP and gateway 2 = bypass filter -
Oh I've personally invested a lot of my own time and materials to make things safe for buttons and no cost to the school - I never get appreciated for it though Here's one of my projector installs, offcut of 25mm ply (from home) cut (at home) painted (at home) Don't know why I do it tbh. If I jerry rig, I jerry rig properly
-
I'm reckoning a really expensive meet setup someone has at home
-
Pics would be nice if it's no problem. I've just noticed the rallys have a ceiling mount kit
-
Totally agree, but jerry rigging is par for the norm for most schools - - - Updated - - - I guess to demo cooking to a screen for pupils sat down
-
I'm going to need a better understanding of what they actually need I think, webcam on a stick is exactly what I'm thinking but they mentioned overhead Can that logitech PTZ be mounted on the ceiling ?
-
I have no idea, I was just given instructions to find a overhead visualiser Doesn't appear to be many out there - It'll end up just being a hue...
-
Cheers, wow they are cheap.... I guess it's a 25 quid Chinese webcam attached with string then I'm not entirely sure of the needs as usual I get kept out of the loop till they need something...
-
Is there such thing a an overhead ceiling mounted visualiser ? I've been asked to source one for a F&N makeover project. If not it'll have to be a desk mounted one
-
@Sonic007 you could rustle up a quick smtp server ? https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en#zippy=%2Cuse-the-gmail-smtp-server
-
Solus 3 - AD browse - Server is not operational
caffrey replied to stevenramsden's topic in MIS Systems
It's why I left it Do you have a single label domain name by chance ? We do which is what I've always put it down to.
