caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
You can turn it off, not sure of the ramifications :- https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
-
That's what I was thinking of, will this affect local smtp relays?
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
That's what I was thinking when they announced summer school, summer is traditionally when all big projects take place \ building refurbishments etc. -
Nothing in the alert center ? We use a local smtp server with gmail relay and it's working.
-
Sounds like we need a new moniker for what we do in schools then because I certainly do more than "IT". I never really like "Information Technology" anyway
-
Solus 3 - AD browse - Server is not operational
caffrey replied to stevenramsden's topic in MIS Systems
It's never worked here either since installation and never been fixed but it always finds the PC's via the computer selection \ network radio button. It could be to do with our domain name but I've never found it an issue -
[video] John Noakes Climbing Nelsons Column
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Yeah but Dibnah knew what he was doing, to attempt Trafalger square with a open jacket and a lovely set of flares with no harness or helmet is a new level of no fear -
[video] John Noakes Climbing Nelsons Column
caffrey replied to caffrey's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Best part of that is at 6:47 - Won't get away with that on kids tv anymore -
-
How to disable Google Chromes own task manager extension
caffrey replied to ultimatepie's topic in Windows
Cool, It's a good idea to update your chrome admx everytime a new version comes out as a lot is depreciated and added -
How to disable Google Chromes own task manager extension
caffrey replied to ultimatepie's topic in Windows
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
-
How to disable Google Chromes own task manager extension
caffrey replied to ultimatepie's topic in Windows
You can do that in the admin panel (If you have GWFE) or GPO GPO is https://www.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#TaskManagerEndProcessEnabled Admin panel is https://admin.google.com/ac/chrome/settings/user?hl=en-GB -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Someone just scraped a positive here with the LFT test Knock on effects were the womens toilets \ staffroom and a classroom was out of bounds till a deep clean was done - This is the problem that could happen, contact tracing will be a nightmare Yes I couldn't make a cup of tea, It was annoying -
Not sure but the new enterprise tier gives 20GB to each user as well as the pooled 100TB limit, which should be enough for most users
-
Google being Google https://edu.google.com/products/workspace-for-education/editions/ New storage policy too https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2021/02/introducing-google-workspace-for-education.html We're only using 9TB across our domain so not so bad Edit looks like lots of new stuff was announced, https://educationonair.withgoogle.com/events/learning-with-google-2021 Going to watch that later, but the highlights seem to be here - https://techcrunch.com/2021/02/17/google-to-roll-out-slate-of-over-50-updates-for-classroom-meet-and-other-online-education-tools/
-
I had this too, upgrading to the latest version fixed it (18.10.0.18605)
-
We use unifi unvr here, it's a bit marmite amongst the community but I like it and the gui is easy enough
-
Turns out all of our groups were set to the default level, although this still hasn't been fixed (after weeks...) - even words like "adult" are flagging for staff...
-
You can add updates to the wim too if requried , I can't remember the last time I captured an image. All my images are now thin with application installation during the task sequence. In the days when I did capture - I just ran litetouch from the MDT share and ran a catpure task sequence
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Good example of why I'm not a fan of the LFT happened yesterday, two KWKs (Yr11) came into the office yesterday and were asked why they weren't wearing masks. Their response was that they had just had a LFT test and it was negative - this was a test they did themselves.... -
Bullying incident through Jamboard : anyone got any ideas?
caffrey replied to Starbug1's topic in Cloud Services
Yep we had a similar situation, closest thing you'll get is drive audit logs . I think if you have the hardware there are Jamboard logs -
Yep, I came from a AD OU mentality too
-
You can easily create the OU, I just like to keep things separate for ease I also have a user setup in each of the device OUs that I use for enrollment with "Place device in user organization set". So when I log in say with staffchromebook@ it automatically places the device in the Staff devices OU
-
I kept it like you would with Active Directory Created an OU in the root called chromebooks with Device OU's for staff etc. I apply device settings to that OU etc.
