caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
You would think so, took twice as long to get to work today - has someone switched coronavirus off ? -
Phone systems [What do you use, and how do you rate it]
caffrey replied to rfakes's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Gamma Horizon here, no problems to report Only thing I don't like about it is the night service option - I have to change office hours on a schedule and the interface is a little poor in that regard. Shame there wasn't just a night service button. Polycom phones too -
It's easy enough, when creating the task sequence for the upgrade - use the "Standard Client Upgrade Task Sequence" at the select template stage
-
It's frustrating as it's so random , difficult to pinpoint so reducing complexity might help. I went with radius to make it easier for the end user It's somewhere along this path :- Device has 169.254 before connecting, Join WIFI wpa2 enterprise, user uses username and password NPS authenticates user, sends accounting info to netsweeper for correct filtering group If authenticated USG gives out IP address USG has policy based routing to go through netsweeper so maybe there's an issue with routing, but it's odd how it works the majority of the time - it gets worse as the day goes on First thing in the morning I could easily log on 20 school owned chromebooks in a row without a problem. Sorry feel like I've kinda hijacked this thread
-
Radius via NPS DHCP is managed via the USG Pro I've no idea where the fault lies but I get a lot of association failures and DHCP timeouts on the Unifi controller. It could even be a fault with our setup with SchoolsBroadband. This all worked all fine until just before lockdown last year so it could even be an issue with the latest IOS \ ChromeOS etc. Just reading around there are a lot of wifi issues with IOS at the mo It could just be radius, the wpa2 network seems fine hence me thinking of just going the portal route to keep it simple
-
This does sound like the experience I'm having at the moment , our Chromebooks initially connect via a GWFE machine policy to a WPA2 network, then once logged in connect via a GWFE user policy to a wpa2 enterprise network Takes an age sometimes to get a DHCP lease, I don't have a fix and it's not just limited to Chromebooks The WPA2 network seems to work okay.... So no idea what it is. I'm currently looking at ditching Unifi (no idea what with) as we're coming up to a network refresh. Or just use WPA2 and use a landing page (which I don't like) Ubiquiti are or were looking at it, but support is poor
-
How much space is there behind a 75 or 86" touchscreen?
caffrey replied to kennysarmy's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Completely new build ? I got the contractors to hide all wiring in the wall, although we went with wall mount projectors (This was a few years ago) I also got them to install a sheet of OSB for some meat to attach the projector to Walls were steel stud and plasterboard If this is solid wall construction ignore me... I dislike trunking and try my best never to use the stuff If I can help it. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Jab done AZ - was a bit wham bam thank you mam but it's done now. Didn't even get a 15 min sitdown in case I grew horns. -
Oof, thanks I might suggest some specific windows based exam laptops and just use examwritepad as it's very good
- 38 replies
-
- chrome management
- chromebooks
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Thanks, any idea of costs for that ?
- 38 replies
-
- chrome management
- chromebooks
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Has anyone wrote a risk assessment for IT support in schools ? -
Sorry to ressurect, but is Chromex the best option? or are there other alternatives now ?
- 38 replies
-
- chrome management
- chromebooks
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Take care of yourself, I'm not bothered about side effects - I just want to feel safe at school -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Yay, booked in for mine on Friday at local GP Boo that'll probably be my start of the holidays and weekend ruined - but needs must -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Housemate had her AZ vaccine yesterday and she's suffering bad today with it - Hallucinations, the works -
Got mine too, thank you Was touch and go as for some reason deliveries usually always come when the school is closed...
-
These are great, keep them coming
-
I never short throw printers, it's usually a long throw into a skip
-
Do you use the single Sign on feature of your MIS?
caffrey replied to Warwick_Tech's topic in MIS Systems
Seperate logins for SIMS, but edulink uses the windows one anyway so not sure if it's worthwhile -
Can't help sorry, binned ours off an age ago
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Although... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56435549 Guess I'm going to be unlucky -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Finally got a chance to register, picked the closest location to me and there are no available appointments, think I'll just have to wait til my GP gets in touch
