caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
I'd recommend not doing your own as you always get that one person that wants a change that should've been in the original spec and would be far too much work to add. It's one thing here I regret is admitting that I can do a bit of programming
-
School's Broadband Filtering issue with Youtube
caffrey replied to MrWu's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Same, I put a ticket in - I didn't want to allow any of those categories either. Unchecking the youtube options under web apps / audio video / youtube doesn't seem to help either -
Wouldn't be my problem
-
I built one in VB, central SQL DB and connects to AD, been solid for over a year - only thing it doesn't do is photos as it wasn't a requirement. It uses computesticks attached to touchscreen monitors and brother label printers
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Interface is excruciatingly slow, with some timeouts *edit* can someone please give the hamsters a kick ? -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yep ,broke here....... -
Windows Components/Windows Defender Antivirus/Client Interfaceshow/Supress all notifications in GPO ?
-
AIOs are fine, we have some refurbs that we got from Dave the summer before and they haven't missed a beat
-
Yay it's fixed
-
I've never seen any changelogs, I'll install it and report back
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
It's working here... -
Which version is recommended to run ? Might make this a side project
-
I'd be interested to know, I've never bothered as I don't have as many endpoints - but I could've really done with it this week
-
You need packaged printer drivers, ran into this issue myself - under packaged on the drivers section of the print server it should say true.
-
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yep that's what the engineer told me, that it had happened before -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yep ,5 seconds between clicks at least (Did I actually press that ?) Usually starts on the afternoon -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Same here, running slow too but then again it always runs slow (the interface) -
Schools Broadband In-line Filter down?
caffrey replied to snagrat's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yep it is, very annoying - the kids were in the middle of an online test This is my first week in using it too -
BTLS Moving to Netsweeper from Lightspeed
caffrey replied to Joanne's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I turned that off under Policy manager, (pick your policy) categories and you can find it under system, advanced,search keywords - I've no idea what's under that list though -
We went with GAFE, been on it over 6 years now - 6 years ago Microsoft had nothing . I had a dilemma when iPads showed up and online file storage was the main draw plus the exchange server was a bit creaky. We also have office 2016 onsite, 6 years on and people are slowly getting to like Google... I wouldn't say Google are stagnant, just check out the Google apps blog . Never really looked at 0365 so I've no idea if it's any better and it's probably too late to change now anyway
-
is it me or is Netsweeper heavy handed on keywords ? e.g sucking is blocked for instance. Blocked with "Search Keywords" Also stuff like Blue T*t doesn't work on image searches yet does on Smoothwall Am I missing something ?
-
Unifi AP's are weird, I have some with an uptime of 200 days+ yet I get some that go up and down like a yoyo If they don't come back I usually restart by power cycling the switch port
-
No SSO or OAuth, the app isn't turned off. I've monitored the traffic and signing into say the Google Drive app on an iPad hits accounts.youtube first, it's only just started happening. The only way I've fixed it is to lift the ban on youtube (We normally block it on a schedule in Smoothwall)
-
Kids are having difficulty signing into GAFE because it seems to want to authenticate through accounts.youtube.com, of course youtube is blocked so this is causing issues Anyone come accross this before ? Is this a new thing ?
-
Netsweeper with Schools Broadband
caffrey replied to TMBS's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Not sure, think it just grabs the logged on username from somewhere, appends the necessary SBB stuff Re BYOD, radius ? Although that was an utter pain to get sorted out
