Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. There are a couple of "Bridge to 10k" podcasts to help go to the next level for anyone who wants to progress.
  2. Just follow the program and walk/run when you're told to. No matter how good you might feel, make sure you have a rest day between each running day or else that way injury lies. Whilst it does get that bit harder as you work through it, the fact that you've increased your running steadily over the weeks means that by the time you get to the next week, you're ready for it so there isn't really a wall to hit. Good luck and enjoy
  3. Final Week in the prediction league. Still there at the top
  4. Updates are carried out where possible during school holidays. Windows updates happen overnight and reboot in the wee small hours . Occasionally we might reboot a server at lunch time or before/after school if absolutely necessary. Workstations are stable and need little in the way of rebuilds.
  5. I do 8:30 - 4:30 (4pm on Fridays). I finish on the dot. I don't work from home, rarely look at emails at home and never answer them (as this would soon become an expectation).
  6. I was at school in Bagshot, Surrey when it was being built and tested during the early 1970s. We all rushed over to the windows to watch it fly past whenever we heard it.
  7. Happy Star Wars Day everyone.
  8. If the job's keeping your mind active then it's unlikely that you'll be nodding off. Even the fittest, healthiest person can nod off occasionally if they're bored. I rarely feel that tired at the end of a working day, I drive home for 45 minutes or so (16 miles) and then go for a run or a cycle.
  9. CLS END
  10. It's Friday
  11. Me too.
  12. Here's another radical idea ... Parents , teach your kids to tell the time properly. Parents expect schools to do far too much for them these days. Jeez, when I started school I could already read, write and tell the time.
  13. Apparently kids can't tell the time now with a standard clock so schools are looking to replace them with digital ones as the poor little lambs get all stressed in their exams. :censored: . https://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2018/04/24/schools-removing-analogue-clocks-exam-halls-teenagers-unable/ Here's a radical idea ... teach them how to tell the time !!!
  14. What's wrong with a good old fashioned DVD player?
  15. One I took a while ago on the Great Central
  16. The RSPB have a webcam at their HQ in Sandy. It was originally set up a couple of years ago for the Gardenwatch project but has stayed up ever since. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeK0Qx_cZZI Cornell Labs have one in Ontario too
  17. Nope, just still photography for me.
  18. Neither. It wasn't as good.
  19. Ouch !!
  20. Crikey, I thought I was bad at chucking a pair of trainers out after 3-4 years!
  21. Bike rental schemes have been springing up all over (Boris Bikes etc.). China seems to have gone a bit OTT though ... https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2018/03/bike-share-oversupply-in-china-huge-piles-of-abandoned-and-broken-bicycles/556268/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-photo-newsletter&utm_content=20180322&silverid=NDQzNTY4OTI2MTE3S0
  22. Happy Birthday
  23. My last pair of plain black shoes from Deichmann cost me around £25 and lasted me three years. I bought another pair last summer to replace them and are still as good as new. They always come up well with a good (proper) polish.
×
×
  • Create New...