Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. Lovely, smashing, super, great.
  2. I find myself with this enormous sense of personal loss even though I never new him. A huge mind and an indomitable spirit. RIP Professor
  3. The realisation that there is less than 10 minutes left before I go home for a long weekend.
  4. Not yet it isn't. the 1st of March was adopted by the Met Office as an easy division for forecasting. The official first day of spring is March 20th https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/learning/seasons/spring/when-does-spring-start
  5. Just been told that all staff have been authorised to leave as soon as possible after end of school at 3:25 today
  6. FTFY
  7. Snowing well here in MK, no signs of the school closing though.
  8. This was Bedford this morning. I understand it's still snowing there.
  9. Yay, Masterchef's back
  10. We're not due any today but have a yellow warning for tomorrow. EDIT: Just been outside and it's blue skies and sunshine
  11. We are now encouraging our camera club members to bring their own cups for their free tea and coffee rather than us having to use single use "paper" cups for them. This is ahead of introducing a charge next season for anyone who doesn't bring a cup. They will have to pay 50p for their drink whereas anyone bringing their own cup will still get it free.
  12. Tesco took £3.4m out of their donation for administration costs last year (none of the other "big" supermarkets deduct admin charges). Poundstretcher keeps its carrier bag money and doesn't donate any of it! Years ago, like you say, milkmen delivered the milk in glass bottles ... using electric vehicles ... way ahead of their time.
  13. I read somewhere that one of the supermarkets was doing away with its loose bread rolls and would be prepackaging them in plastic bags. Apparently too many people handle the rolls and it's not hygienic.
  14. You need one of these ...
  15. I'm lucky, I get that every day when I get home.
  16. Not wrongly labelled but certainly wrongly advertised.
  17. The sounds and smells of a steam engine. A cup of tea in bed. That feeling of renewed hope from the first signs of spring. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens .....
  18. If it helps, bluepoint are doing Kingston 120Gb for £31 https://www.bluepoint.net/KINSTO767
  19. Batman Begins, last night on Ch5. I'd hoped they were going to show all three but it appears not
  20. When I wanted to change a wall a few years ago, I was told that it would need a structural engineers report before anything else. I was also led to believe that this was a legal requirement in order to comply with local building regulations.
  21. Mine was taken on my Nikon D80, f5.6, ISO 100, 1/60 with a Sigma 70 - 300 lens.
  22. I started in IT in 1977 at the Oxford Regional Health Authority, back then it was THE industry to get into. Hobbles off with walking stick in pursuit of the others.
  23. This is my first attempt at moon photography ...
  24. With a name like Stormborn, I would have been disappointed had they not have got it.
×
×
  • Create New...