-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Dark Sky is pretty good. I use the app on my phone quite a bit.
-
We're due some light rain but they've said that before and it's failed to materialise. Just have to wait and see I guess. Just as long as the weekend's nice
-
Birthdays on Digital Signage and GDPR.
HarryMonkey replied to ITGuyNW's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
And that's not the purpose for which the data was gathered so for me, it's a no. -
Well done for even trying, especially in this weather.
-
Stick with it, it will be worth it.
-
We've had hinge problems with the NT-310, Stone reckoned we must have had a bad batch because they'd not come across it before ... Hmmmmm, a few porkies going on here methinks.
-
Quick question. Having finally got the insurance sorted for the bike I had stolen, I have been given a Halfords voucher to buy a new bike. So ... do I go for A or B? Given that I won't be doing any major hills, more a run round Grafham Water and maybe the occasional trip to Chicksands BikePark Other than that it will be a few laps of the local park to help get rid of the middle age spread A: https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/apollo-valier-mens-mountain-bike-14-17-20-frames B: https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/apollo-gradient-mens-mountain-bike-2017-14-17-20-22-frames
-
You don't pay road tax, you pay car tax (Vehicle Excise Duty)
-
In my days as a cabling engineer, I used a combination of tin snips, trunking shears, hacksaw, mitre saw, mini hacksaw and a good old stanley knife. Never found the need for power tools.
-
Thanks, @elsiegee40. It's the browser version and I've tried Chrome and IE on Windows 7.
-
I have the same problem (not LEA related though). When I try to upload a picture, it just sits there "waiting for www.edugeek.net" I've given up now. (Happens in Chrome and IE).
-
-
I think we'll get to teh semis and then get knocked out after a last minute goal.
-
Done
-
Congratulations and good luck
-
IT Technician as (Temporary) DPO
HarryMonkey replied to Stuajnht's topic in Data Protection & Information Handling
Our school's approach has been "who in the school doesn't process data?" The site manager? ok, we'll announce in staff briefing that the site team manager is now the DPO. -
I watched the repeats of Car Share last night, the one with the drunken blue smurf, Elsie, in the car after the fancy dress party. It was only following a discussion with my partner (who said it was a man playing the part of Elsie) that I discovered that not only was she correct but it was Conleth Hill, better known as Lord Varys in GoT
-
Damn! I have Nikon otherwise I would have had those
-
I haven't tried extension tubes ... Yet
-
Just to throw a spanner into the works, the rose image was taken with an iPhone 4 whereas the blue flower was with my old Nikon D80 with a close-up lens screwed on to my 18-55mm kit lens. However, I think I would still go for a DSLR with some decent appropriate glassware.
-
We have a Mobotix CCTV system and we frequently show clips to parents to demonstrate or prove that little Johnny has been up to no good. Our solicitors have advised us that when doing this we should be blurring out the faces of other people shown in the video clip. As a result, the powers that be are insisting that we find a means of doing this. Mobotix produces its own proprietary video format that the likes of Format Factory doesn't recognise and therefore can't convert. So I have two queries. 1. Has anyone found any (cheap/free) software that will reliably convert Mobotix videos? 2. What software would you use to blur/pixelate faces in the video? many thanks.
-
That all finished well
-
My partner has it, hers was caused through running (overdoing it!). She had a steroid injection but to no avail. The doctor referred her for shockwave treatment, this has been very good and has reduced the pain by at least 80% to the extent where she can now do her aerobics and zumba classes with little or no reaction. Not all health authorities offer this though so you might just have to do some research before insisting on it.
-
You can download them from here https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21APm40YyqI-aLUuQ&id=297AFA9F8B3F6EA2%212386&cid=297AFA9F8B3F6EA2 https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AOBEgD65qWfXbho&id=297AFA9F8B3F6EA2%212363&cid=297AFA9F8B3F6EA2 These, and some other bits are available here ... https://healthunlocked.com/couchto5k/posts/132367962/audio-podcasts-for-c25k-and-more... I think you can also get them from itunes. As far as I know you can't use your own music although I'm sure once you get the timings you could probably put something together.
