Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. I might just book the day off and come along this time.
  2. Nice. I do love a steam train. The first one is very atmospheric.
  3. Mine is a Microsoft Action Pack Subscription (Dated 2003)
  4. An interesting read ... https://fstoppers.com/critiques/how-give-and-receive-constructive-criticism-right-way-170095?utm_campaign=Main_RSS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_source=FS_RSS
  5. I have one sitting on my top shelf even as we speak. (I must get round to having a clearout).
  6. Nope, that's the responsibility of the NM. Likewise, if there was an outage at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon it would wait until Monday.
  7. None, I leave here at 4:30 and don't give this place a second thought until I come back in again. Outside of here, my time's my own and it doesn't involve work in any way.
  8. Blessed by George Best. Interesting read and illustrates perfectly the perils of alcohol abuse and the impact it has on others. Also reading it as a real book rather than on my Kindle which makes a nice change (Except where I nod off, drop it and lose my page).
  9. I came across this last night whilst at camera club. ... A free photobook every month (just pay for delivery). Hopefully someone might find it useful. Has an IOS and Andriod app. Get Free Photo Books | FreePrints Photobooks App UK
  10. We had something similar at my last school. Wasn't very good though from what I recall.
  11. We stopped buying PCs from RM when they stopped making them yet all of our PCs and laptops (Stone, Viglen, Dell, Toshiba etc etc) build straight onto our network.
  12. Looks like a wossname
  13. Whilst it all seems pretty straightforward, there are a wealth of regulations that need to be looked at ... where you can drill, fireproofing, terminating standards etc. The kit for testing and producing printouts can also be very pricey. If it's not something you're going to be doing a lot of then I would get a local company to do the cabling for you. Failing that, there are City & Guilds courses that are available. Also check out where you stand regarding insurance, if it's not part of your job and you fall off a ladder or injure a colleague or student, where would you stand?
  14. Match of the Day ... twice
  15. This was in Bedford today, here in MK, it's ****** freezing, and very windy. Kids have all been told that they're not allowed outside at lunch/breaktime today.
  16. And now for the next sequel ... The Blue Planet II ... fantastic news. Blue Planet to return to BBC this year as David Attenborough reveals crew has spent four years filming new seven-part documentary
  17. I didn't see that thread until after I posted ... Doh!
  18. A classic piece of tech that nobody should have a problem with.
  19. There was a version of the Sinclair ZX80 that came in kit form.
  20. Yes, me too, carrying two at a time at the end of the shift to get them put away in the rack. Dreading the horrible screeeching sound that meant a head crash.
  21. Looks like an exchangeable disk drive. Takes me back to my ICL mainframe days.
  22. They haven't bought Connect Group, they've bought the Education & Care part of the Connect group. https://www.connectgroupplc.com/operating-divisions/connect-education-and-care EDIT: Then again I might be wrong about that. https://www.connectgroupplc.com/operating-divisions/connect-education-and-care/companies
  23. Purchase of Education & Care Connect Group to sell education & care business to RM for $70 million | Reuters
  24. Sorry to hear your news. It's 5 days here. Make sure you take your full entitlement. You'll need it. EDIT: I forgot to add, that's 5 days paid leave.
×
×
  • Create New...