-
Posts
3,858 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by HarryMonkey
-
Carrie Fisher, Star Wars Actress, Dies Aged 60 - BBC News
HarryMonkey replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
I love this quote from the article in the link. It's such a shame that more people can't approach this subject with such gentle humour rather than stigmatising it. http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/27/14090896/carrie-fisher-mental-health-legacy -
Looks like there are quite a few Parkruns taking place on Christmas day if anyone's interested. Christmas Compendium | parkrun UK
-
Students have all gone, everyone is expected to stay and some of us have been earmarked for safeguarding training, tomorrow is a training day and we finish at 1-30pm on Friday. Merry Christmas everyone.
-
Good luck to everyone with their running in 2017. I'm sure we can all strive to achieve our goals whatever they might be. I'm planning on doing my first parkrun for some time along with my partner who will be doing her very first one on Christmas Eve.
-
It's an easter egg that was written into the software back in 2008 whereby the little orange cone wears a Santa hat for Christmas week.
-
https://twitter.com/O2music/status/810861002816417797
-
On that showing there's no reason why your shouldn't. I would like to get back to doing a sub 30 minute 5k so that's my goal for next year as well as looking to extend to 10k.
-
I managed to drag my ageing carcass round 6k on Saturday in 42:10 (the 5k was done in 35:10)
-
Getting a little concerned that my OH, who is fairly new to running, is now doing 7k, three times a week where I'm struggling to get out and do a couple of 5k sessions
-
How important is it to have good equipment in the tech field...
HarryMonkey replied to madmin's topic in General Chat
I have an i5 with 8Gb RAM and a 128Gb SSD and a single 22" monitor. This does more or less what I want it to do. I also have a 32bit i5 laptop that I use for testing. Can't see me needing much more to be honest. Even if I'm on a VM or a remote session I can't be using more than one machine at a time. -
I watched the first series and still have the second one on my sky planner to watch, as you say, it's gentle, real and very funny.
-
I haven't seen the cities one yet. Sounds like I might need a hanky though. I love turtles, I was fortunate enough to come across this one whilst diving off the coast of Tenerife a few years ago.
-
Things you haven't said/thought in quite some time...
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
The three blind ones do. -
You could get your files decrypted for free, providing you infect two other people ... Ransomware may turn victims into attackers, infect 2 others and decryption is free | Computerworld
-
I need a favour from facebook users please :)
HarryMonkey replied to elsiegee40's topic in General Chat
Done -
Schools Broadband issues
HarryMonkey replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yes, that's it precisely, rant by all means but I'm sure you could have tailored your language accordingly. On a forum such as this we should not be using language that we would not use in front of a classroom especially as it's not even BTRD. Language such as that is NEVER appropriate on this or any other Edugeek forum. I've just re-read my post and can't see anywhere in the post that would imply that I am. I took issue with your language not your broadband issues. -
Schools Broadband issues
HarryMonkey replied to nicholab's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Maybe you are, but is that really appropriate on a public education forum? -
Did a 35:43 last night including a slow first bit whilst trying to secure my phone in my jacket after kicking off Endomondo. Made a concerted effort in the last 500m not to go over 4 mins for that bit despite being uphill so was quite pleased with that. I might start doing some "Bridge to 10k" runs after Christmas.
-
Ctrl+Shift+T in a browser reopens the tab you just closed by mistake, it will also reopen all of your tabs after a reboot of your pc.
-
Things you haven't said/thought in quite some time...
HarryMonkey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
No, we do actually get staff come in and ask us about software that they want to buy.
