-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Had some teachers come back after seeing a network based instant messaging program at a school they visited, now they want the same sort of thing. It needs to be free, or very cheap, and work by computer names (or login names) or by browsing the network for connected clients. It only needs to be able to pop up a simple message from one computer to another and be easy enough that teachers can use it with minimal training. Also it would be best if it did not require the teacher to login to an account. (don't want much do I/). Google talk almost meets this requirement, except then I have to create accounts for all the teachers and get them to make sure they login. Any ideas?
-
I had to learn it for doing "graphics" on an Acorn electron. Changing character maps to look like an aliens. 00000000 00011000 00111100 00101010 00111100 00011000 00100100 01000010 = 0,24,60,42,60,24,36,66 = a little space invader for a game you had to code yourself. I mean kids today, bah!
-
Hmmmn Hey why not tell her to turn the clock back to 1995 then her hair will be back in fashion!
-
My printers went funny on me last summer, I just bitch slapped them until they stopped doing Monty Python Skits, I mean that stuff get old quick. Also check any device with inbuilt dhcp, such us wireless access points or such like. I had one of mine just up and decide it wanted to give out ip address for no reason, though it had been switched off for 6 weeks prior to this.
-
http://www.nerdtests.com/images/badge/nt2/4e5afd025845e467.png Highly Dorky Nerd God
-
Our top ten is highly dubious, due to the fact that all of the kids go through a home built squid proxy, then onto a "RM smart" (read dumb) Cache. My browsing does not.
-
Yes it does that, quite often. The fix is to use firefox, and no, thats not a joke or me being funny, or having a dig. IE7 = a big steaming t u r d whose only saving grace is that its better than the last MS bowel movement.
-
Thanks, I have cancelled. Nvidia's GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB | Tom's Hardware Shows the 640MB version to be lots slower!
-
Was on Fark yesterday, almost as good as the Father Daughter couple having babies together and wanting understanding from the public. Fark quote You might have daddy issues if you start sleeping with your father two weeks after being reunited with him. "I was looking at him, sort of going, oh, he's not too bad" Father and daughter have daughter after other child died | The Courier-Mail
-
dabs.com - XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640MB DDR3 PCIE DVI (PV-T80G-TDF4) I bought one this am but found that the Credit card had been registered wrongly (school address not home) so that cost me £20 (original order came to £105 inc vat and delivery.) Even so at £129 (£200 last week) its a bargain, much faster than a 9600gt and with lots of memory, this is clearance so buy quick. PPS I have a discount on my account because its used for work So I paid £125 inc delivery w00t!
-
Another one, at the flying club this time.
-
Got up at 6am this morning, got old of the other halfs laptop and did the old trick of screen capture, delete all the desktop icons, set screen capture as background. I had to wait till 2pm for the other half to start her laptop up, at 2 mintues past I had to start running, laughed by a** off though.:-)
-
Forgot to say. The flycamone also takes time lapse (1.3MP pics every 4 seconds), continuous video (will over write file untl you press stop, would be great in a car for catching accidents and lunatic drivers). he lens moves through 90 degrees and can have a servo attached. And finally there is a connector at the back which allows for remote programming.
-
FlyCamOne FlyCamOne2 This is where I bought mine, [edit other half bought it for my birthday, she saw and complained] Product Information - Batteries Servos & Accessories for Electric Flight available at BRCHobbies.com (better shop, very nice people) also a very good place to buy stuff for Electric RC planes.
-
The plane costs £120 engine and controller and with servos installed. You add a reciever and battery (£60 and £50) for my set up but you can buy cheaper. As for the height, probably 500 - 600 feet? Its hard to tell but I know its much higher than it looks from the ground and that I fly out higher and further than perhaps I should. F-27C Stryker (Parkzone PKZ4275)
-
Thought I would share this, this is a video taken from my F27C Stryker today with a flycamone2 camera stuck to the nose. This plane will do 80mph plus on the level and 100mph+ in dives. The flycamone2 is a hd solid state video + still camera that weighs less than 30 grams and is pretty amazing for £45. The Plane is pretty amazing flying on Lipo batteries with flight times of 12 - 15 minutes of flat out stunt flying. http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/72d05dce3e.jpg And so the video.
-
34mpg? (real world) there are small diesel cars about that will do 75 - 80 mpg and cost around 1/5th the price. The environment is screwed, there is nothing we can do to stop it. The amount of carbon produced by even the most simple of human activities is more than you could possibly imagine, and the green campaigners always go on about the things that just don't matter. Recycle? Don't drive an suv sized vehicle for a year and save the same amount of energy as if you recycled every bit of waste you produced for 40 years. The amount of fuel burnt collecting / sorting / reusing rubbish makes the net gains negligible. THE WORLD IS GOING TO HELL IN A HANDCART AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP IT!
-
Anybody use 'cheap' fake toner in their OKI's?
ICT_GUY replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in How do you do....it?
But their offers are great. Just spent £300 with them, and got 15 free 1 gig pen drives. Also buy 4 toners for £100 get a free laser printer (hp). -
Obviously noone here has been to the area then.
-
Bugs that I have found. Bios update refuses to work. Firefox falls over on a regular basis. add remove programs will fail and lock up when behind a proxy. Does not save samba passwords (not a bug but a feature I have yet to investigate). Awkward interface for basic tasks such as formatting a sd card. keyboard is very fragile, my space bar is already bent after 2 days. hibernate will flatten a battery within 4 hours! battery life seems to be 1 hour of nominal use! Screen is too small, keep saing it but its a biggie, all websites seem to need a minimum of 1024 width to display without scroll bars, even bbc website. video playback is choppy. sound is choppy, though not always. USB sticks caused it to crash when unplugged. As for awkward to use, I find my normal sized laptop to be both faster and easier to access websites and email, I thought I would enjoy using the eeepc for this, I don't, its harder, and I think its just the size of the keyboard and the size of the screen, scrolling through gmail for stuff that is normally visible (and this site I must add) is a pain. These are the ones I have found whilst evaluating these things for our network. My conclusion is thus. Cheap and small, looks nice, functions ok but has drawbacks, some show stoppers like the screen resolution. Remember this is version 1, I would think that things will get much better very quickly, a sign of things to come rather than the answer to all our it needs. I can buy a leveno dual core laptop for £80 more with a gig of ram, xp and all the trappings like optical drives, big hd and a decent screen.
-
They reckon, the cost will be under £250 for A4. Printing costs will be much lower, cheaper than laser. Speed comes from having a print head the width of the page.
-
Seem to be a bit pants to me, screen to small. buggy as hell. very poor battery life. awkward to use. (yes I know they are a wonder of price/perfomance/looks & function.)
-
Ebay has lots of full height ones for cheeeeeeaaap, but no full depth half height ones., still a 42U monolith will look impressive in my tiny office.
-
Our second domain controller does proxy intranet wsus ghost nod32 backup nas storage. cache websites (not proxy, full download) Spec is 1.4 athlon, 768 megs ram, 74 gig raptor had with proper adaptec sata fontroller plus a gigabit nic oh and a cheap 250gig hd. Works fine with 55 clients, even ghost performance is ok.
